Author Topic: Best Scotland Walking  (Read 927 times)

woodypk

Best Scotland Walking
« on: 20:32:15, 06/09/14 »
Hi guys!

First of all, I'm Tom very new to the forum and the walking scene. I hope to be able to chat to you all in the future and learn a lot along the way! I'm 21 and have suddenly, from nowhere, found a great enjoyment from walking! (I know, it's crazy. This free hobbie that I've seen so many people do and have only now found an interest!)

I don't know where it came from but I found myself thinking that at this young age, I'm missing adventure in my life. I have always loved the outdoors and find nature fascinating but have always just been in a lazy mentality.

Well... I didn't actually know how interesting or rewarding it could be! For example, just today I found it soooo strange how a public footpath could venture through someones backyard!

I'm still very much a newbie but after only a couple of walking stints of 20 miles or so per day, I've found that I'd like to venture out from Lincolnshire and get a little more serious about trying this sport.

I've decided that I will follow the hype and take a trek through Scotland.

My question to you guys is:
Where are the best walks for a newbie (So far I've figured Great Glen way due to its good signposting and east to follow route) and what would be the most rewarding walk I could do in Scotland?

It so far seems to be a toss up between Great Glen way and West Highlands Way. I really want to do some wild camping also.

Basically I'm asking what was your favorite walk of Scotland and why? (also any other walks that beat those scotland walks too??)

Anyways, you get my point. Just to add, when I do go walking, I will be with 2 friends who are well experienced with walking, camping and map reading. So it will be a good learning curve for me!

Thanks guys, I look forward to reading the replies and once again, Speak to you soon!

Tom.

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
Re: Best Scotland Walking
« Reply #1 on: 12:41:47, 07/09/14 »
Hello,
Try Walk Highlands....huge amount of Scottish stuff as well as English, Welsh and beyond.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy