Author Topic: Isle of man  (Read 864 times)

silverfox

Isle of man
« on: 08:17:55, 29/09/19 »
Hi,

Anyone walked around the Isle of Man coastal path? Looking to add it to my to do list.

John

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Isle of man
« Reply #1 on: 22:31:08, 29/09/19 »
Can’t help sorry, but this is a walk we have considered doing but not looked into yet. Hopefully there'll be someone on here who has walked it.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:33:09, 30/09/19 »
I can't actually offer any help either I'm afraid, I'm answering to bump the topic because it was on our possibles list for backpacking and I'd be interested in any answers. I've never seen a walk report on this trail anywhere, though there is a printed book.
The big problem for me was the (almost certain) difficulty of wild pitching on such a route, it's hard enough on coasts in England and Wales but IOM is a popular tourist oriented island.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:02:02, 30/09/19 »
but IOM is a popular tourist oriented island.

Maybe, but it's very much quieter than a lot of the welsh and SWCP coasts. Apart from the towns (obviously) I don't think you'd have a problem finding wild camping spots.

As I have friends there I have walked some of the path but not needed to think about accommodation.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:18:56, 30/09/19 »
Don't know if it's of any interest but the TV Programme Walks Around Britain available on Freeview covered a bit of it in Series 1 Episode 6 (Port St. Mary to Port Erin)

https://www.walksaroundbritain.co.uk/portstmary-to-porterin.html

It used to be free to watch the episodes on YouTube but it's now changed to a subscription only service (7 day free trial is available - read the T&C because free isn't always free) or it's available via Amazon Prime.

https://walksaroundbritain.vhx.tv/season-one/videos/s01e06-the-coast-of-the-isle-of-man-and-sprotbrough

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy