Author Topic: Words Fail Me  (Read 1512 times)

myxpyr

Words Fail Me
« on: 15:43:12, 04/10/19 »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7530357/Some-rock-roll-Guys-send-boulder-tumbling-Norwegian-cliff-happens.htmlAll I can think of is "idiocy", "stupid", "pointless" and "irresponsible" - and those are the politest. >:( :tickedoff:

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: Words Fail Me
« Reply #1 on: 16:50:37, 04/10/19 »
Any dumb thing that gets views and Likes, doesn't even have to be amusing or interesting.  >:(
I think Andy was a tad optimistic with his famous estimate of "15 minutes", which is fortunate in many cases.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:13:43, 04/10/19 »
It looks harmless enough to me..  :)
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:27:10, 04/10/19 »
Just demonstrates once again, that anything, however trivial, can make it into the Daily Mail.  ;D

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:28:49, 04/10/19 »
Just demonstrates once again, that anything, however trivial, can make it into the Daily Mail.  ;D
The Daily Wail  ;)

PS shouldn`t this be in off topic or something

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:49:42, 04/10/19 »
Can someone copy/paste the words into here please.  I can't access it through the link.

G&P - if it's walking related then no, here's fine, although the News and Articles Board might be better.  If it's not walking related then yes, the Hikers Bar would be better  O0

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:50:39, 04/10/19 »
Bit of a weak article for the Mail.Usually they mention the price of the persons house and other totally irrelevant matters.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 18:03:07, 04/10/19 »
What really amazes me is that there are people who actually admit to reading the Daily Fail, quite shocking.

myxpyr

« Reply #8 on: 16:12:47, 05/10/19 »
It looks harmless enough to me..  :)
Sorry but I could not disagree more. It surely comes under the same general heading regarding the undesirability of throwing stones or anything else down a mountainside.PS I accept this should perhaps have gone into The Hikers Bar

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:29:16, 05/10/19 »
Sorry but I could not disagree more. It surely comes under the same general heading regarding the undesirability of throwing stones or anything else down a mountainside.PS I accept this should perhaps have gone into The Hikers Bar

Under the 'do you skim' topic?
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17:52:12, 05/10/19 »
Under the 'do you skim' topic?
I saw it bounce ten times at least  :D

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 09:12:00, 06/10/19 »
Clearly not a lot to do in Norway if this gets young men saying “yes...yes.....yes”  ::)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

zuludog

« Reply #12 on: 12:07:09, 06/10/19 »
Nothing new
Years & years ago this was called 'trundling', but that was when there were nowhere near as many people on the hills, nor as much erosion from sheer numbers
Once hikers & climbers realised how irresponsible they were, trundling quickly went out of fashion

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 12:34:03, 06/10/19 »
The question I would like asked, "Was it a rocking stone?". Could be the reason to attract dumb apes to an interesting natural features, which they feel compelled to destroy?

Some years ago Mrs BWW and I found one not too far off a popular way. Tempted to use this as a topic and post the clip of video of herself having great fun rocking it with a foot either side, whilst it added interesting percussion to nature's ambience. Then I thought of the sort of person, who would think it fun to tip it over, so I let it lie.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

myxpyr

« Reply #14 on: 13:04:49, 06/10/19 »
Many years ago there used to be a perched erratic not far from Pen y Pass. It was highly visible on the skyline from the road and was called the Sabot Stone. Sadly an idiot decided to have similar "fun" with it and it is now no more >:(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy