Author Topic: best insoles?  (Read 19642 times)

whitehouse

best insoles?
« on: 20:10:06, 04/06/09 »
Just got back from a 5 day trip to Boot, Eskdale and had the most amazing time.  It was for my husbands 50th and had promised him that I would give Scafell Pike a go but unfortunately I suffered from really sore big toes and after a couple of hours walking my whole feet were really sore so had to disappoint my husband and agreed on Harter Fell.  I'm not convinced my husband took me up a proper path because at some point in the climb it felt like I was clinging on the side for dear life but have to say when I finally made it to the top it was just beautiful.  The views were gorgeous and we held our own little birthday party!  My feet were so painful so found the decent very hard.  I can't put it down to my boots as I suffered with this problem before and I did a lot of research and got help from the shop and they do feel very comfortable.  I think what I need are a really good pair of insoles but not sure if the ones you can buy over the counter would be any good.  I would appreciate any feedback regarding opinions on what to buy.  Had a great time and stayed at the camping and caravanning site @ Boot that has got to be one of the best sites I have ever stayed, the views were stunning.  Was really sad when we had to leave  :-[ but like Arnie said, I'll be back  :D

the coot

Re: best insoles?
« Reply #1 on: 14:05:38, 05/06/09 »
It really isn't easy to say what the best insoles are, because they are the best insoles for you.
I've got flat gel ones (good over orthotics when I run, Superdrug ones), memory foam (nice and soft bit big but squash well, 99p from one of the pound store type places), I've tried sorbothane and noene and others; I used to use Superfeet before I had custom orthotics made. The boys have Sorbothane in their walking boots (the ones with arch support) and love them.
It also depends on what your boot will take, because altering the insole will alter the fit of your boot. Take your pick.

whitehouse

« Reply #2 on: 18:05:18, 05/06/09 »
Hi The Coot
Well I didn't realise there were so many on the market, may be I should go back to where I bought my boots and they should have a good selection.  I need to get this sorted asap as off to Slovinia in 4 weeks for another walking holiday!  Thanks for your help.

benjaminrhys

« Reply #3 on: 14:22:51, 29/05/11 »
I would try superfeet insoles, very expensive but worth the money if you are doing a lot of walking

bear.cub

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:17:37, 29/05/11 »
Superfeet.

Cotswolds Outdoors will measure, trim, and fit for you. There is a return service - within 6 weeks I think. They may try to sell you some new boots, suggest that be persistent that you wish to try the superfeet in your old boots first.

Mrs Bear Cub had some fitted recently - working a treat.

I've been using for years.

I've never known such a bear for getting in a mess. Mr Brown referencing Paddington Bear

lawrence

« Reply #5 on: 10:19:22, 30/05/11 »
The best way seems to go and get a proper fitting with people who know what they are selling, and preferably the same shop that sold you the boots.

This looks a very complicated subject with no real answer, until you have been kitted out and done some walking, ummmmm............the pain.

guess who

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:21:57, 01/06/11 »
Are you sure the problem is with the insoles?

You say unfortunately I suffered from really sore big toes that sounds more like your boots dont fit right and your toes are hitting the end of your boots. This leads to sore feet.

dellwalker

• Veteran Member
Re: best insoles? VERY VERY VERY OLD POSTING
« Reply #7 on: 15:30:40, 01/06/11 »
Are you lot awake...........................................are you stuck for something to do. ;D ;D ;D

The OP asked this question on 4/6/09 and has not been back on the forum since 5th June 2009.  :o :o

You are all talking to yourselves.  ;D ;D ;D

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:20:40, 01/06/11 »
Arf arf - If the OP had been on holiday in Tenerife, this would have appeared in "International"

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

guess who

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 16:36:29, 01/06/11 »
Are you lot awake...........................................are you stuck for something to do. ;D ;D ;D

The OP asked this question on 4/6/09 and has not been back on the forum since 5th June 2009.  :o :o

You are all talking to yourselves.  ;D ;D ;D

Us behind the times.......................................never ;) ;D

bear.cub

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 17:24:17, 01/06/11 »
Us behind the times.......................................never ;) ;D

Oooooooops ;D
I've never known such a bear for getting in a mess. Mr Brown referencing Paddington Bear

woodview

« Reply #11 on: 16:50:45, 15/09/12 »
I wouldn't worry about posting to old threads. I have come to this forum wanting to know about insoles and the discussion is hugely helpful, even if the OP is now using a walking frame!
The thread has been read over a thousand times, so others must be doing the same as me!
Please keep posting guys!

physioneil

« Reply #12 on: 19:12:11, 18/09/12 »
Can recommend Vasyli High Density Reds. Bombproof and ultra supportive. Several podiatrists I work with recommended them to me, never looked back.

http://www.vasylimedical.com/products/product_customs_high_density.html [nofollow]

I get mine from here:

https://www.physique.co.uk/dolc_product.asp?CaNo=55&SubId=91&PCId=366 [nofollow]

rickit

« Reply #13 on: 06:33:42, 19/09/12 »
Another vote for superfeet here but get them properly fitted to start with.
Rick

"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."

moonchip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 16:59:00, 19/09/12 »
Have been using Sorbathane full insoles for over 20 years, usually replaced every 2 years or so. Comfortable, supportive and no blisters. Warm in winter, cool in summer - can heartily recommend
“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.”

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy