Author Topic: Ideas?  (Read 1228 times)

mf11

Ideas?
« on: 12:43:18, 11/08/07 »
Hi, my wife and I are heading to Kent in our campervan next week looking to do some nice rural walking, can anyone recommend any good routes / areas we should head for?

Thanks,

Mike.

Feriol

Re: Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 20:40:03, 12/08/07 »
I'v looked in a couple of books i have. I have not walked any of them, but some look attractive, if i ever get chance to go down there.

Rolvenden's Secret Garden: at Rolvenden. The garden was featured in Francis Hodgson Burnett's 'The Secret Garden' It doesn't say whether access to the gardens is possible. The is a Motor Museum in Rolvenden.

The Pond at Worth: Home of the famouse Ham Sandwich sign post.

Reculver's Sea Bed Paths: A Good place for bird watching

The Medway at East Peckham: Waterside walk with canal lock, a nature reserve, an island and a unique view of oast houses (?)

Lullingstone Castle: Artist Samuel palmer called the area 'the veil of heaven' There is the castle itself (I don't know how much is left) there is nearby, the remains of a roman villa.

Also reccomended area's were Ashdown Forest, Challock Forest and Horsmonden.

Have a lovely time. Please take the time to let us now where you visited and what you thought.

-Martin.
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

mf11

« Reply #2 on: 21:55:11, 12/08/07 »
Thanks very much for this Martin. We'll certainly try a couple of these out and I'll let you know how we get on, and what other walks we enjoy, when we return.

Thanks again,

Mike.

Feriol

« Reply #3 on: 22:11:49, 12/08/07 »
No worries.
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy