Author Topic: Blackden Brook  (Read 3032 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Blackden Brook
« on: 22:22:00, 09/11/09 »
As usual reports on the net are slightly conflicting. Some say no worries grade 1 scramble in wet weather and you can walk around it, some say grade 3.

Has anyone on here gone up this way? If so how does it compare to Crowden, Grindsbrook or even Cat Bells in the Lakes?

Are there routes around?

As it is a watery place I'm thinking of doing this after a dry, but not too cold spell.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

radder

• Veteran Member
Re: Blackden Brook
« Reply #1 on: 23:33:02, 09/11/09 »
some say grade 3.

;D ;D Now that proves how much people exaggerate on the internet Blackden Brook is not a grade 3 scramble dazza. It is very similar to Grindsbrook Clough if anything I would say easier. One thing for sure you will not meet anybody on the ascent a very quiet part of Kinder  O0

BatFink

« Reply #2 on: 01:21:35, 10/11/09 »
I walked this route on to Kinder in August this year. It was a route I'd taken before although that was over 20 years ago and I found it harder than I recalled. It is bit of a steep assent but was a reasonably easy scramble, though I'm sure it will be more of at challenge at this time of year. Other than the final few meters you can avoid the scrambles all together.

As Radder says it's unlikely you'll meet anyone on this route, not a soul there even in August!

This photo was taken looking back down the brook after my assent.

If you take your time you should have no problem  O0

Pearsy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:06:52, 10/11/09 »
Not in a million years is that a grade 3 unless blindfolded and in a straightjacket. Radder has it spot on.  Its certainly quiet.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:26:01, 11/11/09 »
I didn't think it would be somehow. Internet and exaggeration, who'd a though it eh?  ;D

We'll I'll add this to the ever growing list then.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy