Author Topic: What's this rucksack strap for?  (Read 6197 times)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: What's this rucksack strap for?
« Reply #15 on: 21:09:05, 26/03/19 »
Just wondering what shoulder straps have to do with it  :-\
Where there's a will ...

Kukkudrill

« Reply #16 on: 21:15:25, 26/03/19 »
Thought you were referring to height-adjustable shoulder straps. Having reread the thread with a bit more attention, I see you were referring to a different system that I'd never heard of  :-[
Make the most of the available light

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 23:10:30, 26/03/19 »
A strap there normally adjusts how high the pack sits, or how low depending on your point of view, so it can be adjusted for different users back length.

Tend to agree.  Though would expect some form of two way locking mechanism, if that is the case

Litehiker

« Reply #18 on: 02:41:05, 30/03/19 »
It's just put there "to make little boys ask questions".  :P

Eric B.

Treacle Miner

« Reply #19 on: 14:50:10, 04/01/21 »
Hi hope you can help this newbie, it was suggested that the Oex Vallo Air 28 backpack has a hydration bladder pocket, can someone please confirm. Thank you.

watershed

« Reply #20 on: 14:58:58, 04/01/21 »
Hi hope you can help this newbie, it was suggested that the Oex Vallo Air 28 backpack has a hydration bladder pocket, can someone please confirm. Thank you.

Hi Welcome to the forum.

It doesn't mention that it has a hydration bladder pocket on any of the five adverts I have looked at on the web, so I would doubt it.
Found this reviews which may be helpful
https://gearuphiking.com/hiking-backpacks-with-water-bladder/
« Last Edit: 15:06:37, 04/01/21 by watershed »

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 16:46:14, 04/01/21 »
Hehe, well this is what Go Outdoors support had to say

Sounds like they made that up, no wonder they're going bust.

In every other pack I've worn, a little buckle like that moves the hip belt higher or lower to suit your body proportions.  As has been said, loosen it so the hipbelt sits properly on your hips and loosen the shoulder straps so you're bearing weight properly rather than fatiguing your shoulders.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 17:05:13, 04/01/21 »
On my rucksack, the straps at the top of the shoulder straps help tighten my rucksack to the shape of my body. Access to my water bladder holder is inside my rucksack. If the photo is showing how to access a water bladder from the outside that looks a good idea to me but the only one thing I would query about it is, if it's on the outside of your rucksack would your body heat warm up all of your drinking water? My internal one warms a small amount of my water, I'm not keen on drinking warm water, but it only lasts for the second and third mouthful, (I just spit them away) then it's cool water again.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy