Author Topic: More middle-aged men tackling extreme sports  (Read 1788 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
More middle-aged men tackling extreme sports
« on: 17:20:48, 07/09/12 »
More middle-aged men tackling extreme sports

An increasing number of middle-aged men are turning to extreme outdoors challenges in Britain, reports Mail Online.
The news provider claimed that the days of this demographic responding to the onset of time by purchasing a sports car or a Harley-Davidson® are truly on the wane, with today's generation preferring the thrill of an outdoors adventure.
But this type of thrill-seeking is far from limited to men in their autumn years, as Derry woman Moire O'Sullivan has shown. Speaking to the Derry Journal, she pointed out that she was the first person to complete the Wicklow Round.
This saw her crossing 26 peaks – totalling more than 100 km – over the course of 24 hours, with 6 000 m of climbing involved. The Irish Mountain Running Association lists three other people as having completed the challenge since her ground-breaking efforts.
http://www.magazine.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk/magazine/tscontent/editorials/extreme-outdoors/2011/more-middle-aged-men-tackling-extreme-sports.html

g-man

Re: More middle-aged men tackling extreme sports
« Reply #1 on: 15:04:37, 12/09/12 »
Can't afford a Harley or a sports car so I'll settle for extreme walking.
Mind you, the only extreme thing about me is the amount of coffee I drink!

angry climber

• Account Closed
Re: More middle-aged men tackling extreme sports
« Reply #2 on: 16:28:50, 13/09/12 »
I think that is true. I am forty so quite middle aged. My oldest son (9) wants to try climbing so I am going back to the wall. I love mountain biking especially at wolftrax and I enjoy the more difficult of hill walking scrambling and ridges. Much better for you than some naff sports car and hair dye.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy