Author Topic: How much of my gear is based on plastic?  (Read 3954 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: How much of my gear is based on plastic?
« Reply #60 on: 11:58:44, 13/08/20 »

What science element? All I see is American sales speak.
"At the time, I just wanted to feel good. All I knew was wearing wool vs. synthetic pile made me feel immediately more alive and energized. It was almost like trying to find the Holy Grail. What was this mysterious thing called NATURAL FIBER? What I would later find with research, my hypothesis was completely validated with science. Essentially, we breath through our skin. Synthetics block that process. Synthetics also rob electrons from our body and short circuit the electrical flow along our skin called Peizo Electricity. What is Forest Bathing if we aren’t able to absorb the negative ions from the air and synch our brains with the Shumann’s Resonance?"

We breath through our skin?  Electron flow? Peizo electricity? Absorbing negative ions? Synching our brains with Shuman's Resonance?

P.S. Spelling -  it is Piezo electricity and  Schumann's Resonance.
Solvitur Ambulando

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: 13:17:09, 13/08/20 »
Shaman Resonance

I think some insects can breath via their skin, though it is not really skin as we know it.

But we all know that science is rubbish and used by elitists to keep proles in place.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

Ronin83

« Reply #62 on: 13:09:29, 15/08/20 »
A very quick Google search gives plenty of info about negative ions. The research is generally positive, but not proven. Just because it doesn't SOUND like science to you, doesn't mean it isn't.

"Once they reach our bloodstream,   negative ions   are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy"  

A random study, first one I found...  
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6213340/  

Keep an open mind guys. That's doesn't mean be a new age loony, just understand that there's a huge world of science which you won't have heard of (because you're not a scientist stufying these fields every day) and things yet to be discovered

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: 13:11:36, 15/08/20 »
Just because it doesn't SOUND like science to you, doesn't mean it isn't.
I shall defer to Karl Popper.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: 13:38:57, 15/08/20 »
Sprinkling a few scientific sounding words in some quackery helps make it look authoritative to those who don’t know better. Just look at the pseudoscientific babble in most cosmetics advertisements. Many New Age gurus take scientific English and then translate it into Gibberish.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: 15:55:17, 15/08/20 »
A random study, first one I found...  
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6213340/

"This page isn’t working

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503"

Edit 1652 - Link is working now. I don't see anything on synthetic clothing being in any way implicated in suppressing negative ions.
« Last Edit: 16:53:50, 15/08/20 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: 17:31:04, 15/08/20 »
Actually, if you are looking for an ionisation source to generate negative ions, synthetic clothing would be a good source as they are a good source of static electricity, especially if you take them off quickly.
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #67 on: 19:16:21, 15/08/20 »
Well I must have got a good dose last Monday night, camping out in a thunderstorm!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy