Author Topic: Gunnerside Gill  (Read 2018 times)

garyr

• Veteran Member
Gunnerside Gill
« on: 18:19:46, 02/05/08 »
Hi all ... we've been out a short walk this morning, we did think about driving over to the Lakes but when we got up the sun was shining and there was loads of blue sky so we ended up doing something a bit more local. We drove to Swaledale and parked up in Gunnerside village and had a walk up 'Gunnerside Gill' to the old lead mine at Blakethwaite, its been years since I was last up there, and both Sheena and Tim had never been! It was a great walk, only saw half a dozen people and the views were A1 today with the blue sky. After the walk we sampled the food and drink at The Kings Arms pub in Gunnerside, which was very nice!
I've put a load of the photo's on my web site for those of you that wish to have a look.
http://www.mywainwrights.co.uk

Cheers Gary ...

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Re: Gunnerside Gill
« Reply #1 on: 19:48:20, 02/05/08 »
Nice pics and a good walk - I once camped by what must have been the Blakethwaite Mine.  Illegal, obviously! I seem to remember some very knackered coast-to-coasters passing through late in the evening....
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:34:51, 08/08/08 »
Another one that brings back so many memories...cheers Gary.
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

Walking Englishman

« Reply #3 on: 15:03:41, 06/09/08 »
Great walk, I've done it many times and definitely one of my favourites. See my report of the walk at http://www.walkingenglishman.com/dales4.htm
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy