Author Topic: Carolyn's Yorkshire 3 Peaks  (Read 3481 times)

Highfieldbri

Re: Carolyn's Yorkshire 3 Peaks
« Reply #15 on: 21:17:59, 28/04/11 »
Carolyn would like me to pass on her thanks for all your kind remarks, sorry it's taken so long, but I've been very busy just lately with one thing and another.
As a footnote, Car's knee injury has been really bad since the walk, a visit to the doctor's proved useless, told to take more paracetamol and rest. Asked if she could have another x-ray, the doctor said she'd had one recently, recently being just over 2 years ago.  Aah well, I suppose that's the way things are in this country just now.

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 22:53:07, 01/05/11 »
Asked if she could have another x-ray, the doctor said she'd had one recently, recently being just over 2 years ago.  Aah well, I suppose that's the way things are in this country just now.
I wouldnt stand for this, can you not go back and insist???
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

Highfieldbri

« Reply #17 on: 14:40:57, 02/05/11 »
I wouldnt stand for this, can you not go back and insist???
I believe she saw a locum, so perhaps an appointment with her registered doctor may be more helpful, however from my own experience I don't think anything will be done. The usual reply seems to be something along the lines of "you're too young for surgery, the replacement only lasts for ten years or so". I was fortunate in being able to use our companys excellent healthcare scheme and go private, no alternative really, osteo arthritis had ruined my life for 5 or 6 years. We're hoping that Carolyn is able to go down the same route.
I've had two and a half brilliant years since I had a hip resurfacing op - thanks to the excellent Mr. Gopal - being able to do things I thought I would never be able to do again. Hopefully the same will apply to Carolyn, although the knee is probably a more complicated joint.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy