Author Topic: A "Nearly Ingleborough" Walk  (Read 1146 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
A "Nearly Ingleborough" Walk
« on: 07:26:09, 16/06/08 »
14th June 2008

I was by myself on Saturday so got away early hoping to get up
Ingleborough and back before the 3 Peaks Pilgrims got there. How wrong
I was!.....Having left the car on the road near the Hill Inn I made my
way along the 3 peaks route to the foot of Swine Tail. That is where it
all went pear shaped.....my plan had been to go up to the summit and
down the Crina Bottom side to Quaking Pot before contouring round to
Braithwaite Wife Hole and back to the Hill Inn, but from the bottom of
Swine Tail I could see the masses going up and down.....Quick change of
plan and it was over Simon Fell , Souther Scales and Park Fell to
descend to Colt Park from where I took a minor path back to the road
and the car.
The change of plan worked in that I never saw another soul until I
reached the road. Pictures for this walk are now available for those
wishing to view.
Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: A "Nearly Ingleborough" Walk
« Reply #1 on: 11:12:42, 27/06/08 »
I tell you Dave, you caught the spirit of Yorkshire that day!  Excellent pictures!

I can sympathise with your thoughts about the popularity of the Y3P.  During our recent Y3P outing, I was constantly aware that as we were climbing a hill, there were already groups of people on the summit and groups of people behind us.

It was like a conveyor belt challenge, of course I was just one of these many people, but it was hard to see to see it as a challenge due to its popularity.  Your change of plan was probably wise considering this.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: A "Nearly Ingleborough" Walk
« Reply #2 on: 19:20:13, 30/06/08 »
I tell you Dave, you caught the spirit of Yorkshire that day!  Excellent pictures!

I can sympathise with your thoughts about the popularity of the Y3P.  During our recent Y3P outing, I was constantly aware that as we were climbing a hill, there were already groups of people on the summit and groups of people behind us.

It was like a conveyor belt challenge, of course I was just one of these many people, but it was hard to see to see it as a challenge due to its popularity.  Your change of plan was probably wise considering this.

I think the saying goes..."Been there, done that, got the t-shirt"   ....Done the YD3P a number of times over the the years.....Now the joints won't allow me to so I can be more selective.
Someone posted on my guestbook after this walk "Nice pictures, lovely area, what a pity you don't like other people" to which I replied it's not that I don't like other people , I just prefer to walk in areas that aren't over-run with them  ;)

Regards,
Dave