Author Topic: [TR] WHITBY TO ROBIN HOODS BAY & BACK - 28th JULY 2011  (Read 5866 times)

redeye

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] WHITBY TO ROBIN HOODS BAY & BACK - 28th JULY 2011
« Reply #16 on: 22:00:14, 07/08/11 »
nice one Steve O0 . Looks like that coatline could be anywhere out side the UK. If only we were guaranteed the weather, the UK has some really great places to visit and stay.It's a great place in that respect, from the far north of Scotland, South England, Wales & Ireland (north&south) there are some fantastic corners to explore. Just need a few more long sunny days 8)

carolina2k9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 09:08:23, 08/08/11 »
nice one steve, i love the east coast. :)
Happiness is only a Hill away :-)

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 11:30:52, 08/08/11 »
Think I'd like to do this when or if I am up this way again.

Thanks for sharing Steve O0

dunc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 00:06:13, 09/08/11 »
Looks like a good walk Steve, will have to get up that way at some point  O0
"If this grand panorama before me is what you call God.... then God is not dead"

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 09:38:05, 19/08/11 »
Both Whitby and Robin Hood's bay are beautiful; I'm not so keen on the clifftop walk though. When I did it it was very muddy and in places I was scared of slipping off the cliff edge - and to make matters worse the farmers had put electric fences to prevent us from safely walking a few feet further inland.
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

botty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 10:33:09, 19/08/11 »
Both Whitby and Robin Hood's bay are beautiful; I'm not so keen on the clifftop walk though. When I did it it was very muddy and in places I was scared of slipping off the cliff edge - and to make matters worse the farmers had put electric fences to prevent us from safely walking a few feet further inland.

Are you saying that the path is close to the edge in some places? The reason I ask is that we're up there for a week shortly and it's one of the walks we've planned but my wife isn't keen in walking close to cliff edges.

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 11:08:15, 19/08/11 »

Are you saying that the path is close to the edge in some places? The reason I ask is that we're up there for a week shortly and it's one of the walks we've planned but my wife isn't keen in walking close to cliff edges.

The walk I did was not close to the edge in the sense that I ever felt like I was going to run the risk of falling off it! Most of the route is fenced off anyway and parts of the walk move away from the edge. You have to remember that it's part of THE CLEVELAND WAY which is a National Trail so it needs to be safe. A guide on one of the trips explained that the path has had to be moved inland due to erosion by 10 feet over the years! As for the electric fence I only saw one of those as I passed Whitby Abbey, the rest was normal fencing. It's a great walk and I'm sure that, weather permitting, you and your wife will really enjoy it  O0

Steve
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

botty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 14:02:16, 19/08/11 »
Cheers Steve.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy