Author Topic: Do you have to sometimes motivate yourself to get out and about?  (Read 4222 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member
I found that this article changed the way I look at injuries and fitness...https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rest-days_n_5085261
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
The bad weather, a severe dose of jet lag and other committments over the last 3 weeks have made it all too easy to find an excuse not to get out walking.  However, another overseas trip in June means we have to get back into the groove and regain some degree of fitness before we hit the Austrian Alps in June.  The maps/apps have come out today to find another stretch of Dartmoor that needs exploring this Tuesday.  I have been looking at New Bridge or West of Holne as possible areas to expand our knowledge of the southern part of the moor.  Hopefully, that will get us back into the habit and regain some of our mileage, which has fallen way behind target.  We are normally out 2 to 3 times a week and cabin fever can be a real issue if we don't get out but oddly, this time neither of us seems to have missed it at all.
Solvitur Ambulando

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Very easy to get out today, the weather was glorious! Parked my car at the top of Portsdown Hill by the side of the burger van, changed into my running gear and tried a new variant to one of my runs. Loads of white blossom everywhere.  Loads of motor bikes as well, all older men today, who just seem to drive there from somewhere else to have a burger? When I returned to my car about an hour later a complete set of new bikers had arrived, all eating burgers as well! The burger van does good business I think every day, especially on Saturdays and Sundays. There's another one about half a mile away, dozens and dozens of bikes can turn up there!

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Ditto - broke our 3 week duck with a glorious loop from Venford Reservoir on Dartmoor.  Ten tenths blue, great visibility, new route, light breeze; what's not to like?  Mind you - felt it afterwards.  Got 2 more loops planned in the same area.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Ditto - broke our 3 week duck with a glorious loop from Venford Reservoir on Dartmoor.  Ten tenths blue, great visibility, new route, light breeze; what's not to like?  Mind you - felt it afterwards.  Got 2 more loops planned in the same area.

Nice little water fall close to the car park at Venford. Dam.  Steep up and back but only 1/2 a mile. 

Good loop around to Dartmeet too.  The stepping stones are probably doable at the moment. 

The old rifle range the other side of the lake is well worth a butty stop, though the route over that way is a bit plain. 

There is also the leat which passes right through that area and is fun follow along the valley.

Enjoy your stay.

« Last Edit: 22:44:46, 26/03/19 by BuzyG »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy