Author Topic: Lies deception and faking it.  (Read 4725 times)

Summit

• Veteran Member
Lies deception and faking it.
« on: 11:47:01, 07/07/16 »
Two prominent examples today. Firstly the Indian couple that have faked pictures of themselves on the summit of Everest. They now face banning orders from entering Nepal for ten years.

Secondly on This Morning a woman named Rebbecca phoned in to confess she did the Three Peaks challenge for Charity. After they had suffered so much on Ben Nevis they went to the pub and didn't even try or set foot on Scafell or Snowdon. Since coming clean she has been known as Beccy one peak lol.

Are you brave enough to tell your white lies.

BURN FAT NOT OIL

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
Re: Lies deception and faking it.
« Reply #1 on: 23:38:35, 07/07/16 »
Are you brave enough to tell your white lies.
My problem is - I never learn !
It usually runs something like this :- " yes, it suits you a bit shorter ....."    to which I get the usual " what do you mean .... you mean you don't like me with longer hair ?" .......Or  " You hadn't noticed until I mentioned it !!"     Aaghhh ... what is the correct way to answer such questions ??    :knuppel2:
These are just a typical examples, there are countless variations on a theme - sometimes involving shoes or items of clothing.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:41:59, 09/07/16 »
I was taught a lesson in honesty while on holiday in Jamaica :(

My wife and I had booked a trip to visit a dolphin sanctuary. My wife was going to feed them from a platform. This would be a level 2 experience of 4 levels and I paid to swim with the Dolphins in a group of about 10 people. This would be level 3, level 4 was a single person experience riding two Dolphins and was just too much money for us to pay :D

The rep we made the booking with told us she would upgrade our level of Dolphin experience by one. So we paid for levels 1 and 2, getting levels 2 and 3, are you with me so far?  ;D

On our arrival at the sanctuary we recieved our wrist bands with the relevant colour.
It wasn't until a good ten minutes of being in the park that we both realised I had a level 4 wrist band on :o
Now there was about £60 difference between these levels, so it was a big deal.

Anyway after a few minutes deliberating whether to return to the wrist band office, I decided to keep quiet. After all, this was a chance in a lifetime. >:D

About half an hour before my swim time, ALL the sanctuary guests were gathered for a safety talk, yes all 50 of us. Then the staff split the guests into the relivant levels.
It soon became apparent that only 3 guests had paid for level 4!!!

I therefore had to stand up in front of several puzzled looking and rather miffed marine staff plus 50 mainly Americans and explain why I had the wrong colour wrist band on.
It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life  :-[

However the Dolphin swim was one of the best (even in a group of 10)  O0

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:23:21, 09/07/16 »
I can only think of one major deception that I have committed, I have never told anyone. And I'm not about to fess up on here.  :P Nothing illegal but I do still feel guilty about it.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:27:06, 09/07/16 »
I can only think of one major deception that I have committed, I have never told anyone. And I'm not about to fess up on here.  :P Nothing illegal but I do still feel guilty about it.
C'mon Deb's we're all friends here lol ;)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 00:49:54, 10/07/16 »
C'mon Deb's we're all friends here lol ;)

:-X
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 07:35:20, 10/07/16 »
This topic sounds rather fun, like Alewife I could expose myself  8) , but as I am struggling to find the words to expose a massive national deceit here;

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30054.45

perpetrated by the major lobby group in this country, whose national policy is set to restrict and trim our footpath network and totally against any constructive expansion, I will forego my personal peccadilloes.

Interesting a one post visitor to this forum;
 Does anyone have experiences of walking in west Carmarthenshire? Every time I attempt a walk I encounter barbed wire fences across paths, overgrown stiles, lying landowners telling me there's no path (when there is), missing footbridges and an almost total lack of waymarking. Is this the most walker-unfriendly county in Britain?  

has not followed up on 'lying landowners' on this topic in the Wales section;
http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=32730.0

I am off to explore lostways in the land of Harry Cotterell, where I will be snagged in the barbs of lies and struggle through the the mires of deceit. If I do not get scorched by the ire of those, who have fallen under the spell of the CLA's propaganda, I may return to tell of more ways denied to you through dishonesty.

« Last Edit: 07:38:52, 10/07/16 by barewirewalker »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

PeakRambler

« Reply #7 on: 09:16:25, 21/08/16 »
I just love those folk who claim to have conquered the various peaks, but never have any photos to confirm they've done it.

Even more hilarious, when you know the area, but keep quiet about it, the lies they spin about what they did, how well they did and where!

Always good for a laugh..  :D ;D O0

keithie

« Reply #8 on: 21:05:35, 21/08/16 »
^ seems a bit unpleasant !

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 21:32:35, 21/08/16 »
I've never told a lie in my life..  ::)
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

keithie

« Reply #10 on: 21:38:41, 21/08/16 »
lol..well I'm sensitive about it ...even some of my mates dont believe I climbed 19 county tops since the start of May this year (being retired has it's benefits!) ... till they bother to look on my fb page !

swanseamale47

« Reply #11 on: 18:42:06, 24/08/16 »
It usually runs something like this :- " yes, it suits you a bit shorter ....."    to which I get the usual " what do you mean .... you mean you don't like me with longer hair ?" .......Or  " You hadn't noticed until I mentioned it !!"     Aaghhh ... what is the correct way to answer such questions ??    :knuppel2:
These are just a typical examples, there are countless variations on a theme - sometimes involving shoes or items of clothing.
I suggest you say something like... "I love you with hair any length you want, you'll always be wonderfull to me"  Then run away quickly.....
Or if she has a sense of humour you could try "Hair? (look at her close up) Oh... Yes you do have hair don't you" then amble away looking at your phone.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 20:37:26, 24/08/16 »
 O0
Oh you smooth operator !
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 22:28:32, 24/08/16 »
You guys haven't read the instruction manual, have you?  ;D
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 22:37:55, 24/08/16 »

It is really very simple..
1. Always notice.
2. Wow! How is it no matter what length your hair it always looks brilliant..

Divorced 8 years..  :-[
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy