Author Topic: OS paper maps out of date?  (Read 6067 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member
Re: OS paper maps out of date?
« Reply #30 on: 18:30:10, 10/10/19 »
Yes, there is a pleasant nostalgic element to paper maps.  I used to read them sitting on the loo!
I get a warm fuzzy feeling looking at the maps lined up on my bookcase...
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 18:33:45, 10/10/19 »
  When you zoom the 25k map, there is no extra detail beyond that normally present at any magnification as far as I can tell.  The high zoom levels are useful for micro-navigation such as finding your way through farmyards or being on the right side of the hedge.  I did have a problem with the recentre and compass but that was cleared by a recent update.  My main criticism now is you cannot simultaneously follow a route and record a track - a feature that is available in both Garmin and ViewRanger.
For info: I am using OS Version 2.0.3.726 on a Samsung A50 running Android 9 patched to 1 Oct 19.  The last OS app patch was released this week.
I agree not extra detail but easier to see when zoomed right in and it does make a difference, more than I thought it might...at least to my old eyes  :) .I need to see if I get an update offered...
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 08:34:01, 11/10/19 »
I get a warm fuzzy feeling looking at the maps lined up on my bookcase...

As I do when I open the drawer in my father's bureau which still contains his maps now together with mine :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy