Author Topic: A small change making a big difference?  (Read 413 times)

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
A small change making a big difference?
« on: 16:20:51, 03/02/13 »
I finally invested in a small digital camera last week. Took it on my weekly plod yesterday, thinking "nice to take a few pics", BUT really assuming it wouldn't make much real difference to the walk.

But subjectively it did make a big difference: I was constantly looking for picture opportunities, slowed by walking down... and enjoyed things even more than usual.

And constantly taking camera out of my pocket and putting me back soon had me feeling I'll probably go out in a different jacket next time. (Got an old jacket with easier access pockets than my current main walking jacket.)

Anybody else made a seemingly small change to their walking routine that resulted in a surprisingly big subjective difference?

OutdoorsApe

• Veteran Member
Re: A small change making a big difference?
« Reply #1 on: 18:32:09, 03/02/13 »
Putting my GPS in my pack rather than on my waist belt has taken me to places I wouldn't have gone otherwise.

Writing a journal when I stop for a break, I now look for things to write about and have subsequently developed a limited knowledge of mushrooms, trees and birds..
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

Elvis Presley

Re: A small change making a big difference?
« Reply #2 on: 03:54:57, 04/02/13 »
Taking a decent digital camera is a game-changer for many walks, I think.  Not only might you just bag a brilliant pic, but I always think, retrospectively, that it makes the memory of the walk/route taken etc. much easier to recall.  I think the fact that some days I can barely function, memory wise, might actually be the decisive factor here.

Good boots - all the difference in the world, innit!
Thank you very much.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy