Author Topic: pure paradise - snow covered tops of cairngorm  (Read 4667 times)

troy

Re: pure paradise - snow covered tops of cairngorm
« Reply #15 on: 11:30:06, 13/12/11 »
cheers for the comments and ye 'sensual folds was a good one I guess, could'nt think of anything else seeing as I'd already used 'curves' before it. Well actually I did but this bars open 24 hours and did'nt want the dreaded //censured// remark again - gotta be a good boy this month!

If any of ya are thinking of coming up over the 'graceful curves' season and perhaps like along someone oldish but experianced in these hills then most w/e I'm free and willing - one walk I'm thinking of doing again some time is along the three tops you can see in the background on photo four (below the restourant) can be from 12 to 5 miles, or theres always ben macdui of a fine day, thats about 12 miles. Or I believe that the top restourant allows access to out side in winter - so a quick cheat could involve taking the tram up - not sure about that thought as I've always walked up.

Or if you want, could just do this walk again. One year I tried over to the western plateau but snow was really deep and did'nt get far - could always hire snow shoes I guess. Plus a bit further afield the walks around morlich are great in the woods or to loch einich from that other loch further over - you know the one with the derelict castle on it. Oh and bynack more is a good hike allowing a great view up the length of loch avon and the outlandish rocks I assochiate with the film 'the lost world'. None of the above hikes involve spikes and axes. Just a two gallon flask of whiskey, plus a tub of cream with warm soft pastry mince pies.

http://blog.mtn-m.co.uk/
Last night while I laid starring at the stars, I wondered.....where the hell is my ceiling!!!!

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 13:59:55, 13/12/11 »
 Excellent TR and pics  O0. No snow in my neck of the woods but oh so looking forward to getting out and about on the hills in the snow  O0 O0

stroller52

« Reply #17 on: 06:31:31, 16/12/11 »
Excellent TR and some superb photos O0 O0 Would love to be out in the snow but as I get older I'm becoming more wary about driving on snowy/icy roads :-[ ::)

ken

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 14:36:46, 16/12/11 »
excellent report and pics I am heading up that way later this month to get hill fit for a week's walking in the gorms in Feb hope the conditions  hold  O0 O0 O0
147 to go and counting

gary m

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 16:18:19, 16/12/11 »
well done a good trip report does look cold
you have 1 life live it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy