Author Topic: UKmase / Darksky V's Helvellyn  (Read 9736 times)

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: UKmase / Darksky V's Helvellyn
« Reply #15 on: 19:57:49, 25/04/08 »
Me on Helvellyn summitt{neck gaiter pulled right upto my eyes it was that cold}
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:10:30, 25/04/08 »
Photo's of mine and UKMase's trekk up Helvellyn via Striding Edge could'nt go down Swirral Edge as we planned due to extremley powerfull winds and ice{as we never had crampons and ice axes} so struggled walking up to Lower Man and Pile of Stones and back to Glennridding.
« Last Edit: 21:09:13, 25/04/08 by darksky »
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 20:22:49, 25/04/08 »
Some more photo's ............

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:31:10, 25/04/08 »
And some more.................

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 20:44:05, 25/04/08 »
And some right outside the camping barn we stayed at and the path down to Glennridding village and of course the pub The Travellers Rest where upon Paul{ukmase} ate the largest mixed grill i have ever seen in my life. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 20:50:12, 25/04/08 »
And the last of them...................Hope you like em folks.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 21:30:17, 27/04/08 »
Trainers and light clothing not a good idea anytime of year, Have you been back to do Helvellyn/Striding Edge in snow/ice conditions?  The very first time i climbed it, it was summer and it was glorious,But this time round in snow/ice conditions was even more exillarating, Me and UKMase really did enjoy the conditions and i would defanetley recamend it, Only next time in the snow im taking crampons and an a couple of ice axes{I cant wait}.

Hyperman

« Reply #22 on: 18:20:52, 28/04/08 »
Hi Darksky

Yes I have been up in winter since but not had the same kind of conditions so never needed any other equipment and money isn't there to buy it anyway. (good pics by the way) There's probably little point in me giving this reply as every single post I've put on this forum has been deleted so I expect this one will be too. Obviously "my sort" aren't welcome around here! Very miffed at the moment by the unfriendliness on this forum shown by the moderator/s. What's the point in a forum where you aren't free to discuss? :(

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 18:25:54, 28/04/08 »
You should of thought about that when you was posting all kinds of rubbish last night..,Please dont post me again.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 18:51:24, 28/04/08 »
Think I missed something last night  ???

Anyroad, ace pics Darksky .. man, it feels like you're right there alongside you and UKmase.  Thanks for posting these pics.  O0

Hyperman

« Reply #25 on: 19:59:50, 28/04/08 »
Darksky, I have been informed by the moderator that some of my postings may have upset some people because I don't strictly adhere to the country code. In my defence.
a)On Days when I go walking I probably bring down far more rubbish that other people have dropped than I ever leave when I go on a wild camp.
b)I've seen dead animal carcasses in streams on more than one occassion so if I were you I'd be more bothered about this than me taking a leak in one. I'm probably adding half a pint to the thousands of litres that are rushing down each mintue. Do the math.
c) Not everyone is in a position to afford all the best high tech gear and look like they are out to do Everest.
Also looking at your photos I see you are clambering all over a trig point. Imagine if everyone who went up there did this. How long do you think it would stay standing?
Also I notice you use walking poles. Do you realise the damage those things do to paths whith there little spikey ends.

Like I say it's all yin an yang and your way isn't any better than mine, it's just a different way.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 20:20:22, 28/04/08 »
For 1, thats not me clambering all over the trig point its my mate..,and for 2, everyone knows not to [censored] in the water despite what already might be in it, and for 3, IM so sorry ive got better gear than you{not} and walking poles don't harm the grass/dirt in fact putting tiny little holes in grass or dirt actually air'iates it ok, and if i use poles on paths i put the rubber tips on OK.., simple common sense tells you that you dont shi_ on your own doorstep or [censored] in the water you may have to drink..,in all the acres of hills/feilds you always have to pee in the streams...Deerrrrrrrr :uglystupid2: ...And i dont beleive you when you say that you bring down other peoples rubbish..,and as for my Everest gear...WHAT...a jacket with a hood on and my neck gaiter...Whoooooo..real mountaneer gear hahahahahaha please dont post to me again your an idiot.
« Last Edit: 20:27:53, 28/04/08 by darksky »

Hyperman

« Reply #27 on: 21:23:05, 28/04/08 »
Yes in a managed garden during spring or autumn aeration does help grass but I'm sure you're not that picky about which time of year and weather conditions you take your poles out in.
As for the rubber stops you talk about on your poles, well I have a good collection of those which I have picked up over the years presumably lost by trekis.

I'm not going to resort to personal abuse as I am only trying to MAKE A POINT so please don't verbally abuse me and then tell me not to reply.

If you do not wish to communicate with me then please simply ignore my posts rather than verbally abuse me.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 23:50:12, 28/04/08 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :coolsmiley:

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 09:14:28, 02/05/08 »
Hey Hyperman is your name Simon ? If not no worries.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy