Author Topic: SWCP Cooking Fuel Question  (Read 1313 times)

acraines

SWCP Cooking Fuel Question
« on: 05:27:17, 03/07/14 »
Hello!

I am from the USA coming to backpack the SWCP in a few weeks. I will be camping the whole time and probably cooking most of my own meals. I have been trying to figure out what to do about fuel...there are a few options here but I am not sure what is available on the path or even in London (where I fly in) because obviously I cannot carry most fuel on the plane. Maybe the fuel cubes are the best way to go.

Any advice for this foreigner?  ::)

Thanks,
AC

Pura Vida

Re: SWCP Cooking Fuel Question
« Reply #1 on: 07:29:31, 03/07/14 »
Hi, Welcome ad enjoy the SWCP.

It is unlikely that you will find anything around Heathrow. Head down the M4/M5 to Minehead (or you could go to Swanage) You will find suppliers of camping equipment in those towns. If it is gas, rather than a liquid, that you are looking for then the challenge is to find a canister with the same connection as your stove. Whatever you are able to buy in Minehead or Swanage will be available along the SWCP with a bit of forward planning.

Good Luck and enjoy

Robin
Show a man a route then he will have an Adventure; Teach a man to navigate then he will have many adventures

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:50:09, 03/07/14 »
As Robin says your best bet is to stock up where you're starting the walk. If it's Minehead try this place:

http://www.thecampingandoutdoorshop.co.uk/

For Swanage try:

http://www.jurassicoutdoor.com

Drop them an email telling what sort of stove you have/what sort of fuel you're after and I'm sure they'll be very helpful.

acraines

« Reply #3 on: 17:24:45, 03/07/14 »
Thank you Robin and Percy!

I will email them right away.

AC

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy