Author Topic: fountains fell  (Read 997 times)

mountain goat

fountains fell
« on: 15:40:00, 13/01/13 »
hi there i am planing atrip up and round fountains fell any tips not been up there befor so should be fun O0

One F in Foreigner

• Veteran Member
Re: fountains fell
« Reply #1 on: 20:23:28, 13/01/13 »
Have a look for the old coke oven http://www.outofoblivion.org.uk/record.asp?id=233 and beware of the mineshafts  :o  if you wander about around the summit area. Also maybe worth planning a route to seek out the three summits on Fountains Fell, but beware it can be very boggy in some parts - I have personal experience of going in knee deep.

If you are bagging Nuttalls then Darnbrook Fell (another bogtrot) adjoins Fountains Fell.

On a fine clear day it is a great place to be, steeped in history and with some cracking views, especially across to Pen y Ghent and Plover Hill.
I prefer the folly of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom. (Anatole France)

Andies

• Veteran Member
Re: fountains fell
« Reply #2 on: 12:22:52, 15/01/13 »
Went up Fountains Fell and Darnbrook Fell in May 2008. Quite easy ascent from the road between Fountains Fell and Pen-y-Ghent. Views around were great although the actual summits were not as inspiring as some others. I do remember the ground being a bit rough when returning from Fountains Fell South Top via Fountains Fell Tarn, and equally on Darnbrook Fell in places.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy