Author Topic: [TR] A boat trip, and a walk to Sgurr na Stri to Elgol on Skye  (Read 8277 times)

rdpounder

OH
MY
GOD!

When the weather's right it really doesn't look like there's any beating Skye.  Some really great photos there.

I especially like the stag ones, especially the first one where it kind of blends in with the mountain and you don't notice it at first.

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
Awesome.  I love the reds in the first pictures.  And Skye looks soooooooo  wonderful.   I wanna go!

Thanks for the pics, they're truly wonderful.

Tis Sue

What brilliant photos...Wow! the sunsets... amazing.  Me and PP are going to Skye in March 2012 for two weeks walking, sooooo looking forward to it. 

Granty

• Veteran Member
Great shots Pete - whet my appetite now. How did you find the filter set?
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

Tryfan75

• Veteran Member
Wonderful Pete - absolutely beautiful.  Brings back lots of very special memories. O0

So do you think the view of the Cuillins from Sgurr Na Stri is the 'best in Britain'?

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
Brilliant Pete . What a trip you've had .Must have been worth the petrol money alone just to see them colours in the sky .
Brilliant photography and report . O0
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Thanks everyone for the comments - much appreciated. I've added the walk words now to go with the pictures.

What brilliant photos...Wow! the sunsets... amazing.  Me and PP are going to Skye in March 2012 for two weeks walking, sooooo looking forward to it. 

Come rain or shine it's a magical place..but I reckon you've alraedy heard that O0

Great shots Pete - whet my appetite now. How did you find the filter set?

They worked ok down on the beach at Elgol, and a few on the Quirang, but I need a bit of practice. I need a spirit level as well ::) My eyeline seems to sag down to the right :-[

Wonderful Pete - absolutely beautiful.  Brings back lots of very special memories. O0

So do you think the view of the Cuillins from Sgurr Na Stri is the 'best in Britain'?

It's right up there with the best Matt - I could have spent ages up on top there. The beauty is the steepness below your feet and nothing to get in the way of the views

Brilliant Pete . What a trip you've had .Must have been worth the petrol money alone just to see them colours in the sky .
Brilliant photography and report . O0

You were there in spirit Howie...it peed it down frequently. ;D Great place and well worth the visit O0

Micky

• Veteran Member
What can I say mate, except brilliant. The stag pictures were exceptional IMO.  O0

Glad you enjoyed it Pete and pleased you got a fair share of good weather.
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

gotmeheadshaved

• Veteran Member
Some superb photos in there Pete but especially like the 4th one on the first comment thread. The sky's (no pun intended!) is amazing on that one!  :) O0

Steve
Steve (gotmeheadshaved)

'Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity'

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Steve and Micky - glad you enjoyed them O0

The Stag was very close - I couldn't believe my luck really.

The sunset shots were my first try out with a proper tripod and using a filter advised by the master...Granty O0 They turned out OK-ish

I'll be putting a few general ones of Skye up soon...unless you're getting bored ::)

Tryfan75

• Veteran Member
Superb Pete - please do show us more........

Micky

• Veteran Member
Steve and Micky - glad you enjoyed them O0

The Stag was very close - I couldn't believe my luck really.

I'll be putting a few general ones of Skye up soon...unless you're getting bored ::)

Must have been a great feeling being that close.

Not at all bored mate, keep them pictures coming.  O0
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member

Must have been a great feeling being that close.

Not at all bored mate, keep them pictures coming.  O0

It was like Autumnwatch without the cameras ;D

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
Whoa Pete those are some stunners on there, I could sit and look at them all day. the first ones in this post, the skies look just like a Man U shirt dont they  ;D

It looks such a peaceful place to be your jaw must have been dropping a lot of the time, and to see a stag so close as well! It looks a noble creature doesnt it?

Pleased you had the great weather too eh! It doesnt get better than this. Im goin to have to get up there one of these days.... thanks for posting these  O0 O0
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
Keep posting them up Pete can't wait.  I did a walk down Glen Sligachan and back to the ridge just NNW of Sgurr Hain.  It's not as high up as where you were, but the weather was brilliant (19 March 2009) and I got this shot of the Black Cuiilin from the Ridge.

Next year must do the Bad Step walk to Camasunary and on to Kirkibost.

GPX file of my Slig Walk below.  O0
Walk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy