Author Topic: [Trip Report] Sgurr a' Mhadaidh, Sgurr a' Ghreadaidh & Sgurr na Banachdich  (Read 8222 times)

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
Walk

ptarmigan

Whats up with you all, that's one of the easier sections wait until you get to the next bit, Sgurr a' Mhaidaidh's four tops excellent stroll  O0 :D
“The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.”
― Kalu Kalu

Ian s

• Veteran Member
Whats up with you all, that's one of the easier sections wait until you get to the next bit, Sgurr a' Mhaidaidh's four tops excellent stroll  O0 :D

don't worry boys and girls I will remind her she said this next time we go along there ;D
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Ian s

• Veteran Member
sadly I can't make her put her money where her mouth is tomorrow, cos she's done her back in. Funny that.
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member

I couldn't see much of that due to the clag but looking at the 1:25k map on Streetmap it just looks like a confusing jumble of contour lines! Mind you, most of the Cuillin ridge is just a confusing jumble of contour lines but thank Harvey's for their excellent 1:12,500 map! I personally wouldn't want to navigate the area by OS map. ;)
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
sadly I can't make her put her money where her mouth is tomorrow, cos she's done her back in. Funny that.

What you mean funny that only days after you get back from a long trip, she's done her back in!! SAY NO MORE Eh! Eh!  ;D
Walk

Ian s

• Veteran Member
Sgurr a Mhadaidh is actually rather scary!

A confusing jumble of contour lines more like a tottering pile of choss!  :o Narrower than Greadhaidh with vertical pitches of both up and down.  You'll love it especially the full frontal lobotomy section (just ask your guide)!  O0

Ups using the OH's log in by mistake, he'll be cross and my back will have plenty of time to recover!

ptarmigan

Ups better go and get him a beer!
“The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.”
― Kalu Kalu

Scarface

• Veteran Member
This is hopefully me at the top of An Dorus . Bit claggy !!

'You only get out what you put in...'

Scarface

• Veteran Member
Ha ha ! It worked. Excellent. Now where is that Swedish site i use............ O0

Here we are setting out along the top of Sgurr a' Ghreadaidh.

'You only get out what you put in...'

dibble

• Veteran Member
Mike, I read on here a day or two ago and was just so speechless at it all!

Just... total respect to be able to do all that!  And solo!

And, I'm glad you did it all AND got back okay.

When, I'm no longer here, and if I get chance to come back here again, next time, 
I wanna to be able to do stuff like this!

Thanks for sharing such a wow adventure.   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

ken

• Veteran Member
I hope to be enjoing the same bit of ridge in may looks great from what you posted I will also be going solo getting scared just looking at it :-\
147 to go and counting

Ian s

• Veteran Member
I hope to be enjoing the same bit of ridge in may looks great from what you posted I will also be going solo getting scared just looking at it :-\

Enjoy it Ken, it's a cracking route. Hope you get good weather for your visit. Will probably see you up there, I've got some folk doing their Cuillin munros that week.

ken

• Veteran Member
Enjoy it Ken, it's a cracking route. Hope you get good weather for your visit. Will probably see you up there, I've got some folk doing their Cuillin munros that week.
[I thought that it wold be busy that week but am looking forward to it I will keep my eyes peeled for that scarf of yours ;D /quote]
147 to go and counting

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy