Author Topic: Manafossen Norway  (Read 4274 times)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Manafossen Norway
« on: 19:42:15, 05/08/09 »
One last trip out involved a short walk up to Manafossen waterfall. Only the ninth tallest free fall in Norway of 92m. The biggest must be impressive. The approach was up a steep slope - that seems to be the theme of walking around here - steep up and flattish on the tops. The actual view of the falls is from the opposite side of the valley through the trees. Then up and on from there led to an old historic farmstead - it looked like a new building really. A lot of the buildings in the region are covered in grass covered roofs - bit too steep for a mower, so they bung a sheep up there if it gets too long. A nice little walk though in the sunshine and again nobody around - very peaceful...

Here's a few pics....and I know 'Yet more waterfalls'.....

On my way passing tranquil fjords...apart from the lorries taking huge amounts of stone away from the road tunnels they are building

a first glimpse of the falls

and from the head of the valley

the deep dark pool above the main falls

looking down to the lip of the falls - the valley below was covered in moss and ferns

the upper falls

the valley with Man farm

the narrow gorge down to the pool above the falls

the old farmhouse above and beyond the falls

On my way back through a 4km tunnel

genji

• Account Closed
Re: Manafossen Norway
« Reply #1 on: 19:55:12, 05/08/09 »
Such beautiful places. Not sure about the high places but I definitely want to visit.
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:59:26, 05/08/09 »
It is a wonderful place and I have only seen a small portion of it. The only drawback is it is everthing is so expensive...not just the beer.  I'm lucky with the fact that most of the Norwegians I work with love the outdoor life and are forever telling me of different places to go and hike.

So much to see and so little time.

mad max

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:12:08, 09/08/09 »
Awesome photos Pete,i love the old farmhouse with the grass roof.
Freeman of Tryfan.
Welsh Nuttalls completer.
I am a troll,beware.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy