Author Topic: Blow the cobwebs away - North Dartmoor, Sunday 11/01  (Read 1311 times)

thomasdevon

Now that Christmas etc. is behind us (and I am over the flu) I am eager to get back on the moor to blow the cobwebs away. Planning a circular on the north moor next Sunday (11th) and thought I'd post it here in case anyone interested.

I most often ramble up there solo but if you're interested, maybe not been to this area before, I am thinking of  start from Belstone appr. 0930, SW to Yes Tor, then Okement Hill, home via Oke Tor. Mostly roads & trackways - easy to follow but tough on the feet. Weather looks like 5degC, light rain, windy: good as it gets for Dartmoor in January.

Glad to hear from anyone on this.

thomasdevon

Re: Blow the cobwebs away - North Dartmoor, Sunday 11/01
« Reply #1 on: 16:08:43, 11/01/15 »
Fantastic day out up there. Many many Ten Tors teams, also lucky with the weather for their training.

Funny how so many of the kids are wearing black or camouflage: they're also not too keen yet to say hello when passing on the trail: I guess they're just getting the first taste of hiking. Good luck, people!

Summit

• Veteran Member
Re: Blow the cobwebs away - North Dartmoor, Sunday 11/01
« Reply #2 on: 22:17:08, 11/01/15 »
Ten tors was my first introduction to hillwalking. Heavy packs and boggy ground don't make the best ground to learn on. It's tough in January.
BURN FAT NOT OIL

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy