Author Topic: Cornwall section of SWCP  (Read 2071 times)

Leedjc

Cornwall section of SWCP
« on: 19:45:39, 30/11/15 »
Hi all...sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a post about it.

Has anyone walked the Cornish section of the SWCP in one go? If so, how long did it take you?

I want to do it, but would like to try and fit it in to two weeks off work - ie 14 days.

That averages out at about 21 miles a day....

Any thoughts?

silverfox

Re: Cornwall section of SWCP
« Reply #1 on: 19:55:33, 30/11/15 »
I suppose that would depend on how able you are to walk 21 miles a day. That's a pretty tall order. I've walked from minehead to Padstow over 2 separate weeks and that was pretty hard going. It's certainly some tough hiking with many steep climbs and descents. The section between Hartland and bude is particularly tough.

I'm sure theres plenty on here that will say no problem but remember it's you that will be doing it.

Good luck.

John.

Wurz

• Veteran Member
Re: Cornwall section of SWCP
« Reply #2 on: 20:42:50, 30/11/15 »
I've not done it all but for info the Steadman & Newton Trailblazer Guide reckons if you're a fit walker then it's doable in 20 days. But most people do it in 3 1/2 weeks.

Paddy Dillons SWCP Cicerone Guide says 22 days from Hartland to Plymouth (21 if you skip to Bude).

It's quite hilly, but I guess you know that. There is also a lot of distractions so if you want to head down and race through all the seaside towns and villages then you're going to be at the quicker end but if you want a bit of a mooch in a lot of the places it passes through you will slow down. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy