Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 275978 times)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #495 on: 20:22:08, 23/04/18 »
I walked from Crowborough to Eridge Station via Mott's Mill today, taking in some of the High Weald Landcape Trail and some of the Sussex Border Path.  A beautiful hilly walk with masses of bluebells in the woodlands    :)

madame cholet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #496 on: 05:30:17, 24/04/18 »
I walk most weekdays from my house in Thrapston rural east Northants sometimes along the river across the fields to my allotment at Ringstead 4 miles there and back or round the old gravel pits about 3 miles. One of the joysof being self employed from home.
Great things are done when women and mountains meet.

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #497 on: 15:21:06, 26/04/18 »
Used a Derbyshire Wayfarer today.

Set out with a vague intention to just walk down to station, get a train to Belper and do a circular walk there, thinking I could plan a route while on train.

Changed mind while on train....just decided to get off train at Duffield and walk back to Derby railway station...probably around half a dozen miles "as crow flies". Last time I walked area basically used Derwent Valley heritage route all way. But knew there were some footpaths on other side of river, and decided to start out on those.

Didn't have a detailed map of area with me (the one I'd taken was a mini map centred on Belper) but had a GPS with 1 to 50,000 map, and basically knew if I kept going south I'd end up back in centre of Derby.

That worked pretty well...walked about 3 to 4 miles before on a good path running south before that "stopped"...and I had to find a road bridge to get across the Derwent and pick up main Derwent Heritage footpath back to railway station.

Enjoyed it. Probably going to Leeds tomorrow, just for a stroll on Leeds/ Liverpool canal.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #498 on: 15:47:51, 28/04/18 »
I spent some of this last week (Tuesday-Friday) exploring and walking the coast path between Bridlington and Bempton Cliffs. The highlights for me were the RSPB reserve at Bempton, although there aren't that many puffins there atm...and the Flamborough Head area. Well worth a walk around the headland if you haven't already done it! 8)

Lovely scenery each day (apart from Bridlington) & pretty decent weather too!  Spent quite a while watching a young seal on the beach at Thornwick Bay yesterday morning before driving home. :D

***Happiness is only a smile away***

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #499 on: 16:20:01, 30/04/18 »
Did an extended circular of the Teign Gorge today including lunch at the Fingle Inn. A truly excellent walk by the river and along the edge of the Gorge. Lots of spring flowers, trees coming into leaf- beautiful! Made all the better by beautiful weather (forecast was 5C = 0 to -1C with wind chill; actual almost was almost calm, 11C).
Solvitur Ambulando

The Wondering Wanderer

« Reply #500 on: 17:24:07, 30/04/18 »
The Ridgeway. Not all of it. Just from Ivinghoe beacon back home to wendover. I need better shoes. My feet are killing me.
I'm wondering about wandering and wonder where I might wander if I wander while I wonder.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #501 on: 20:06:24, 01/05/18 »
I walked from Horsted Keynes to Lindfield today, taking in some of the Sussex Border Path and some of the Sussex Ouse Valley Way.  A beautiful linear walk of hill and valley and bluebell woodlands    :)    But incredibly muddy!

AFANASIEW

« Reply #502 on: 20:14:31, 01/05/18 »
As part of my training for doing Land's End to Lyme Regis (287 miles) next month, I walked a 26 square with very fine views in the middle of Dorset on Saturday. Here's my account of the walk, which starts and ends at Cerne Abbas, and which I'd recommend to anyone up for a full day's walk.
It's simple - one foot in front of the other.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #503 on: 23:14:13, 01/05/18 »
As part of my training for doing Land's End to Lyme Regis (287 miles) next month, I walked a 26 square with very fine views in the middle of Dorset on Saturday. Here's my account of the walk, which starts and ends at Cerne Abbas, and which I'd recommend to anyone up for a full day's walk.
Lovely part of the world. We spent many happy summers, when the kids were young, based at Durdle Door, exploring Purbeck and the rest of Dorset.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #504 on: 23:19:32, 01/05/18 »
I enjoyed a measured scramble along the spine of Killmar Tor and back last evening.  My son has introduced me to indoor bouldering, in recent months and it's brought back my love of rock climbing.  Great to exercise a few forgoton skills and learn some new ones.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #505 on: 19:03:41, 07/05/18 »
I walked from the Cinque Port of Rye today, going via the villages of Iden and Peasmarsh, partly on the High Weald Landscape Trail. A lovely walk in gorgeous lush rolling countryside, with bright yellow swathes of oilseed rape, and blossom in the orchards. Gloriously hot and sunny  -  fantastic   :)

PembsWalker

« Reply #506 on: 11:41:43, 08/05/18 »
I got up early one morning last week and had a lovely walk before work from Newgale to Broadhaven, Pembrokeshire, at about 6 in the morning
It was misty, but not chilly and I didn't see another person.

Mist is probably my favourite weather to walk in, which surprises people. You see the world quite differently.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #507 on: 20:49:25, 15/05/18 »
I walked from Rye to Camber Sands today, going some of the way by the river Rother.  The beach is vast and backed by high sand dunes and is one of the few sandy beaches in Sussex.

PembsWalker

« Reply #508 on: 21:45:10, 16/05/18 »
I had a lovely walk along a quiet stretch of the Pembs coast path yesterday. Its situated between 2 more popular circle walks and the mist kept most people away so I only saw 3 other people for the whole 2 hours or so that I was about.

I love walking in the mist, especially around places I normally know so well on a sunny day, you see things much differently on a misty day.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #509 on: 19:26:00, 17/05/18 »
I went a walk in Kent today, from Appledore Station on the edge of Romney Marsh, going over the Isle of Oxney and along a very pretty stretch of the Royal Military Canal Path. The countryside was looking glorious with a profusion of hawthorn blossom, cow parsley and buttercups.  Fine and sunny    :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy