Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 275993 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #645 on: 07:29:18, 05/10/18 »
Starting the West Highland Way this morning.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #646 on: 18:35:52, 05/10/18 »
The West Highland Way.  That sounds like a proper walk. Have a good one.

Mrs G and I, had a week off from our gradual progression of the SW coast path.  Instead, today we walked a section of the Devonport leat from Princetown out to whiteworks tin minemine and back along the ridge.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #647 on: 09:46:30, 06/10/18 »
No idea where or what day yet.....but I'll be walking somewhere on Crete this coming week!

That's if I can squeeze a couple of walks in, between the relaxing...and the snorkeling....and the kayaking....and the swimming in warm, crystal clear waters.... 8) :D

***Happiness is only a smile away***

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #648 on: 09:59:35, 06/10/18 »
No idea where or what day yet.....but I'll be walking somewhere on Crete this coming week!

That's if I can squeeze a couple of walks in, between the relaxing...and the snorkeling....and the kayaking....and the swimming in warm, crystal clear waters.... 8) :D

Lovely! Have a great holiday, Sunnydale!  :) O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #649 on: 18:26:56, 14/10/18 »
Worked today so taking a day off tomorrow - thinking of Snowdon via y Lliwedd and down by the Pyg or Miners - never done that route and the forecast for tomorrow is encouraging.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #650 on: 23:30:08, 14/10/18 »
Worked today so taking a day off tomorrow - thinking of Snowdon via y Lliwedd and down by the Pyg or Miners - never done that route and the forecast for tomorrow is encouraging.
Walked that exact route with my son earlier in the year.  Two part walk report here....
https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102207&p=1493806&hilit=Snowdon#p1493806
And part 2 here...
https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102219
Enjoy..

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #651 on: 20:15:18, 15/10/18 »
Thanks BuzyG  - didn't see your reply until this evening - great trip report and cracking route.  Will do a tr here when I get a moment.  Paul

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #652 on: 21:02:03, 16/10/18 »
I walked from Turners Hill to East Grinstead today, partly on the Sussex Border Path, on the fringes of the High Weald.  Very scenic and the landscape was beginning to take on its autumnal colouring.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #653 on: 07:43:09, 17/10/18 »

Lovely! Have a great holiday, Sunnydale!  :) O0

Thanks adalard, it was great!  I had a lovely time and did everything I wanted to do, apart from snorkeling. Had a couple of good walks too 8)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #654 on: 19:22:42, 18/10/18 »
Just in from a swift walk to Brown Willy on Bodmin moor.  What a beautiful evening. :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #655 on: 21:19:44, 18/10/18 »
Finally over the man flu or whatever it was.  I haven't been out walking for 10 days and have a really bad case of Cabin Fever so I'm off to North Dartmoor tomorrow to see how much it has taken out of me.  I hope to last long enough to make it to beer o'clock at the Tor Inn.
Solvitur Ambulando

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #656 on: 21:08:43, 22/10/18 »
I walked from Shermanbury to Henfield in the Low Weald of Sussex today.  A very pretty walk, taking in a lake, a stretch of the River Adur, and some of the Downs Link, a disused railway line.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #657 on: 08:09:48, 23/10/18 »
Doing a circular walk around Rowsley/Beeley/Chatsworth tomorrow. Hoping to see a few deer and some Autumn colour! 8)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #658 on: 21:24:03, 01/11/18 »
I led the group on a lovely Autumn wander along the Edges today. Started at Curbar Gap and walked along White Edge first, where we saw quite a few red deer.  Lots of bellowing going on from the stags!
Looped around Longshaw (had coffee & cake at the cafe), then made our way to the lake & then through the woods at Yarncliffe.  The colours in the trees were gorgeous.
We then walked along Froggat Edge and found a great spot on some rocks for lunch, before wandering along Curbar and Baslow Edges, the latter being a short extension to the planned route, as the weather was so lovely 8)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #659 on: 20:02:49, 02/11/18 »
Nice walk on the SWCP this afternoon. Mt Edgcombe to Rame Head.  Amazingly it is the first time we have ever walked that section. Considering it's only a few miles from home.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy