Author Topic: Britain's top 100 walks  (Read 949 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Britain's top 100 walks
« on: 19:29:43, 31/01/18 »
To everyone who watched the above TV programme, is anyone really surprised that Bowfell, Crinkle crags, Great Gable didn't make it onto the list? Helvellyn, Old man could understand but how Scafell Pike is considered better than any of the Great Langdale fells surprises me. Opinions please :)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Britain's top 100 walks
« Reply #1 on: 19:40:48, 31/01/18 »
To everyone who watched the above TV programme, is anyone really surprised that Bowfell, Crinkle crags, Great Gable didn't make it onto the list? Helvellyn, Old man could understand but how Scafell Pike is considered better than any of the Great Langdale fells surprises me. Opinions please :)

I’m guessing this “pole” was compiled by people who will drive hundreds of miles to do Scafell Pike, Snowdon, Nevis and the “popular” hills mainly because they have heard of them.

Personally I found Scafell and Nevis boring but then I never got asked  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:56:00, 31/01/18 »
Good point bricam2096, I was really surprised that Slieve Donard made it onto the list, it is one of the dullest walks in the Mournes but because it is the highest I suppose most walkers are attracted to it. :)

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:29:02, 31/01/18 »
I'm glad the likes of model Siabod, Crimpiau and lakes like Llyn Elsi never made it, but they are pretty dull  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy