Author Topic: Advice on C2C, please  (Read 3051 times)

AFANASIEW

Re: Advice on C2C, please
« Reply #15 on: 18:35:53, 12/05/19 »
No worries, you should see a TR around mid July so if you don't hear from me remind me  O0
Snag is, I'll be up around Tan Hill by then, so not necessarily with eyes on a screen that much, except Viewranger. It'll all hinge on staying awake long enough in a pub with wi-fi, but I'll be thinking of you as I trudge past Keld!
It's simple - one foot in front of the other.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:08:10, 12/05/19 »
Yes, it's a bit of a slog up from Keld but the prize of Tan Hill is worth it  O0
Where there's a will ...

AFANASIEW

« Reply #17 on: 22:32:04, 12/05/19 »
Yes, it's a bit of a slog up from Keld but the prize of Tan Hill is worth it  O0
Did you see the tv programme in which the former landlady at the Tan Hill Inn spoke of 16 horizons to cross en route to the pub? I lost count in the drizzle, but the pint sure tasted good when I got there!On an earlier visit, a sheep nicked my wife's pie off her plate as we ate outside. Only on the Pennine Way, eh?
It's simple - one foot in front of the other.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 07:08:13, 13/05/19 »
I missed that about the false crests but it wouldn't surprise me, and the Inn certainly has its quirks  ;D
Where there's a will ...

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 08:24:03, 13/05/19 »
Did you see the tv programme in which the former landlady at the Tan Hill Inn spoke of 16 horizons to cross en route to the pub? I lost count in the drizzle, but the pint sure tasted good when I got there!On an earlier visit, a sheep nicked my wife's pie off her plate as we ate outside. Only on the Pennine Way, eh?
The Tan Hill used to be one of my “locals”. Under the previous regime I have seen sheep in the bar in winter enjoying the fire. I also remember a big pickle jar full of mobile phones as a disincentive to disturbing the peace.
I believe it came under new management in 2018.
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy