Author Topic: Wildlife in danger from plans to scrap Natural England  (Read 1195 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Wildlife in danger from plans to scrap Natural EnglandSome of Britain’s most precious landscapes are in danger of being built on under the Government’s latest plans to weaken protection of the countryside by scrapping environment quangos.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/9740358/Wildlife-in-danger-from-plans-to-scrap-Natural-England.html

All the run down estates we have and yet they just want more land for the money men to exploit.

Footpath

Re: Wildlife in danger from plans to scrap Natural England
« Reply #1 on: 20:55:01, 13/12/12 »
This is not good.

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:33:41, 13/12/12 »
Another boo hiss from me >:(
R.I.P. Dave.

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: 03:07:58, 14/12/12 »
In the 2010 Conservative Party Manifesto it stated that they were going to "Curb the explosion of unaccountable Quangos and ensure the surviving quangos are responsible and accountable to Government." This is the party that the majority of the English Electorate voted for. You gave them the right to do this. Then you complain that they are now doing it. Natural England are very independent to Government and so are not accountable to Government. As the old saying goes be careful what you wish for. You were in such a hurry to get rid of a Labour Government you forgot what a Tory one would do.
« Last Edit: 03:14:26, 14/12/12 by angry climber »
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:39:28, 14/12/12 »
In the 2010 Conservative Party Manifesto it stated that they were going to "Curb the explosion of unaccountable Quangos and ensure the surviving quangos are responsible and accountable to Government." This is the party that the majority of the English Electorate voted for. You gave them the right to do this. Then you complain that they are now doing it. Natural England are very independent to Government and so are not accountable to Government. As the old saying goes be careful what you wish for. You were in such a hurry to get rid of a Labour Government you forgot what a Tory one would do.

A well considered and stated reply Angry but does that mean people cannot change their mind and tell this government to [censored] off on this one?

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:32:40, 14/12/12 »

A well considered and stated reply Angry but does that mean people cannot change their mind and tell this government to [censored] off on this one?

People power worked when they were trying to sell off the forests.
Hate will never win

yeti

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:59:39, 14/12/12 »
I never forgot the damage they did last time. Labour needed to pull their socks up indeed, but were unfortunately blamed for the global economic crisis ??? . This country is a mess from Labour? Or the global economy?
R.I.P. Dave.

Cathy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:09:54, 15/12/12 »
 :-\ It just makes me feel sad because I love wildlife and wild animals can't defend themselves against people but I don't know what we can do, I mean we all need somewhere to live, roads, schools, shops, hospitals etc
Quit your jibber jabber, get some nuts

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 17:36:23, 15/12/12 »
:-\ It just makes me feel sad because I love wildlife and wild animals can't defend themselves against people but I don't know what we can do, I mean we all need somewhere to live, roads, schools, shops, hospitals etc

But there are plenty of places for them in run down areas, this is just about making money for the money men. They should be made to turn around  run down areas first.. :)  IMO

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: 20:06:35, 15/12/12 »

But there are plenty of places for them in run down areas, this is just about making money for the money men. They should be made to turn around  run down areas first.. :)  IMO
Spot on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy