Author Topic: [TR] Lligwy Bay to Moelfre and back  (Read 1106 times)

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
[TR] Lligwy Bay to Moelfre and back
« on: 14:43:58, 20/08/17 »
A walk from last week. My sons first. We walked 6 miles from Lligwy Bay to Moelfre and back. A gorgeous day and weather.

See Blog below....

http://myadventures3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/lligwy-bay-to-moelfre-and-back-15th.html

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
Re: [TR] Lligwy Bay to Moelfre and back
« Reply #1 on: 16:28:02, 20/08/17 »
Great report Chris and some lovely scenery. Thanks for sharing  O0

Your son certainly looked as if he was enjoying himself, likewise the dog  ;D

Regards Keith

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:26:29, 20/08/17 »
That's one of my favourite sections of the Coastal Path.
The next one that is a real must, park in the small car park opposite the Golf Course at Bull Bay, a little further up the coast, and then walk as far as Wyllfa Nuclear Power station.
You will pass Porth Wen brickworks, and the old semaphore signalling mast on the hillside, a relic of a bygone era, and just around the corner is the most northerly point in the whole of Wales.
Continue along the coast and you will come to Hells Mouth, ( not the more famous one off the Lyn Peninsula) just just as dramatic, and eventually the Nuclear  power station.

For coastal walking at its very finest, this ranks as one of the best walks for views, and watching nature.

A few years ago, i was lucky enough to see Dolphins, seals and a whale, all within a few miles of each other.

If you think Lligwy to Moelfre was a treat, the Bull Bay to Wyllfa, is manna from heaven.

cpjmathieson

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:49:02, 20/08/17 »
That's one of my favourite sections of the Coastal Path.
The next one that is a real must, park in the small car park opposite the Golf Course at Bull Bay, a little further up the coast, and then walk as far as Wyllfa Nuclear Power station.
You will pass Porth Wen brickworks, and the old semaphore signalling mast on the hillside, a relic of a bygone era, and just around the corner is the most northerly point in the whole of Wales.
Continue along the coast and you will come to Hells Mouth, ( not the more famous one off the Lyn Peninsula) just just as dramatic, and eventually the Nuclear  power station.

For coastal walking at its very finest, this ranks as one of the best walks for views, and watching nature.

A few years ago, i was lucky enough to see Dolphins, seals and a whale, all within a few miles of each other.

If you think Lligwy to Moelfre was a treat, the Bull Bay to Wyllfa, is manna from heaven.

I'll check it out when in Wales next... cheers  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy