Author Topic: Walking back to fitness week 10...  (Read 585 times)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
Walking back to fitness week 10...
« on: 19:51:27, 01/09/20 »
Slowly I'm able to get back to do some walking, although always end up afterwards with a sleepless night with leg pains!

Double trouble today as hurt back yesterday getting in spuds, so had a few issues just getting gear on.

Walk up to Penshaw Monument from Mount Pleasant, coming back along riverside, taking it easy.....

Victoria Viaduct beautiful 10 arch stone arched railway bridge opened in 1838.

Penshaw Monument, some incredible views in all directions.... notice the helicopter in the cloud.

Coming out of the woods towards River Wear, just missed that perfect photo opportunity as swans glided by.
Car parked by Mount Pleasant Lake, spent some time watching ducks, swans and geese, a very pleasant place indeed!

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking back to fitness week 10...
« Reply #1 on: 20:41:30, 01/09/20 »
I must do that walk. It looks great. I've seen Penshaw monument from the road going up home and back but never thought to set off a bit earlier, park up and move my legs to get up to it. Thanks for this.
Too little, too late, too bad......

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:50:00, 01/09/20 »
Glad that you are managing to get out and about - nothing more frustrating than being held back by an injury. That viaduct arch looks very graceful.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:17:17, 02/09/20 »
jimbob Discovered this little gem of an area when walking the Weardale Way. Cox Green what a lovely little place.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:26:54, 02/09/20 »
jimbob Discovered this little gem of an area when walking the Weardale Way. Cox Green what a lovely little place.
Oh and now I'll have to look up the Wear Dale way. Up in Amble tomorrow, though it doesn't look good weather wise so it will be a quick family check up and back doon sooth again.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:39:16, 02/09/20 »
Weardale Way gans from Killhope Wheel to Wearmouth, following course of River Wear where possible.

Harbour Fish Bar is favourite in Amble, eating them in the car looking out across harbour towards Warkworth.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:48:55, 03/09/20 »
That looks a lovely walk Dodgylegs  :)   There's a Mount Pleasant near me which is nowhere near as pleasant as that!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy