Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276530 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #870 on: 18:38:41, 27/09/19 »
On Wednesday I did Sallows and Sour Howes. Too much mist, few photo opportunities.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #871 on: 22:48:52, 27/09/19 »
I have been good and rested my calf the past week.  So tonight I popped my boots on and took a gentle five or so miles walk around the local feilds.  Happy to report no pain or pulling. So after a rest tomorrow, I think I will join our group walk from Prince town on Sunday.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #872 on: 11:33:14, 30/09/19 »
A quick jaunt up mighty Gummer's How with the dog this morning. Lovely cloud sea over Windermere to the west, the flanks of the cloud topped fells to the north dappled with sunshine.

Beautiful.

PS - who was Gummer?
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Man wae a dug

« Reply #873 on: 13:52:26, 30/09/19 »
A toothless Viking warrior?

Took a wander into the countryside with the dog this morning. The sun was on my back and it in front on the hills it was misty, glorious view. Amazing the change that weather can make to an otherwise run of the mill country view.
Be ye man or bairn or wumman
Be ye gaun or be ye comin
For Scotlands pride no Scotlands shame
Gether yer litter and tak it hame!

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #874 on: 22:39:43, 30/09/19 »
Did a nice little walk today round East Park in Hull on my way back from the bank.  It's squirrel season in there (the park, not the bank!)

Quite glad to have got my Mile A Day For A Year total up and over what it needs to be for the next couple of days seeing as we're on flood alert along the Humber  :-\

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #875 on: 07:50:34, 01/10/19 »
I will be walking near the town of Evesham Wednesday..Through the villages of Upton Snodsbury, Rous Lench, Flyford Flavell & Naunton Beauchamp.Great quirky English names too.The forecast is fine so I`m looking forward to it.  :)
« Last Edit: 07:57:12, 01/10/19 by GinAndPlatonic »
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #876 on: 09:17:22, 01/10/19 »
Are they anywhere near Little Wallop on the Bottom?
Solvitur Ambulando

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #877 on: 13:40:47, 01/10/19 »
Are they anywhere near Little Wallop on the Bottom?
No but Wyre piddle is around somewhere...
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Warbler

« Reply #878 on: 14:27:16, 01/10/19 »
Did a nice little walk today round East Park in Hull on my way back from the bank.  It's squirrel season in there (the park, not the bank!)

Quite glad to have got my Mile A Day For A Year total up and over what it needs to be for the next couple of days seeing as we're on flood alert along the Humber  :-\
East Park - my childhood playground. Did you have a go on the splash boat?  :)

Edit - Just seen your blog. Really enjoyed the photos. I'll be up in Hull over Christmas, and will definitely be visiting the park for a nostalgic bimble  O0

« Last Edit: 14:47:44, 01/10/19 by Warbler »

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #879 on: 20:09:41, 02/10/19 »
I went a walk in the High Hurstwood and Buxted areas of the Sussex Weald today.  A beautiful walk in woodland and lush rolling countryside.  Nice to have fine weather after so much rain    :)

wombat

« Reply #880 on: 20:53:04, 02/10/19 »

Brings back memories,grew up living in a street opposite the park, spent most weekends and school holidays playing there,will have to go back for a wander round  :)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #881 on: 22:50:06, 02/10/19 »
Cracking weather. So I left work early and took MrsG for a walk on Bodmin moor up to Killmar tor.  Didn't meet a soul on the moor.  Just a couple of guys as we parked up who had just finished work in the quarry at Bearah tor.  Then a bite to eat in one of our favourite pubs on the way home. New land lady, same chef though and very happy with that. Perfect afternoon. O0
« Last Edit: 22:55:45, 02/10/19 by BuzyG »

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #882 on: 09:21:49, 03/10/19 »
Then a bite to eat in one of our favourite pubs on the way home. New land lady, same chef though and very happy with that. Perfect afternoon. O0
Can ask which pub? I come down that way occasionally for a walk and like to eat before the drive home.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #883 on: 16:56:01, 07/10/19 »
Lovely walk up to Kentmere reservoir last Friday. A bit of rain on the way up the west side of the valley, but turned really nice on the way back down the east side, a delightful path.

And interesting quarries just below the dam.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

strawy

« Reply #884 on: 17:18:48, 07/10/19 »
Walked from Ravenscar along the old railway line to Hayburn Wyke & back along the coast on the Cleveland Way,a great,interesting walk with a bit of history thrown in....Ravenscar...the resort that was never finished.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy