Author Topic: Pennine Way and the price of a pint  (Read 24556 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Pennine Way and the price of a pint
« Reply #15 on: 20:55:39, 11/03/20 »
In your case, you will also raise more cash if sponsored by the km and 430 km sounds much further so it is more impressive.
We are not actually asking people to sponsor per mile, just make a donation. We can go as far over his target as we like but everyone has been so generous that we are now at 83% of his original target after just a couple of days. As we hadn't even planned to start asking people yet, it just sort of happened, we may need to up our sights in order to keep the momentum going for the next 3 months.

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:21:31, 11/03/20 »
Good luck Robert and Ridge. May the weather  be just right for walking the wind behind you all the way. Hope you manage to keep up with Robert.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 00:03:14, 12/03/20 »
There is no chance of me keeping up with him unless he slows down for me.  The tide has turned and long gone are the days when I used to make sure that anything heavy was in my pack and that I wasn't going too fast for him.

videoman

« Reply #18 on: 09:34:31, 12/03/20 »
Just made a donation and hope it all goes well for both of you as I know how difficult a walk it is.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 09:55:00, 12/03/20 »
Thanks videoman, much appreciated.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 11:03:51, 12/03/20 »
Don't drink much, so was quite shocked to find out the actual price of a pint. ;D ;D Hope you reach your targets, both ways, financially and distance wise.

Too little, too late, too bad......

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 12:14:35, 12/03/20 »
I have just opened this Ridge. I hadn't bothered because I have no idea how much a pint would be!

Of course I will be donating some money, I shall do it from home later  :)
Hate will never win

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 12:19:09, 12/03/20 »
We are not actually asking people to sponsor per mile, just make a donation. We can go as far over his target as we like but everyone has been so generous that we are now at 83% of his original target after just a couple of days. As we hadn't even planned to start asking people yet, it just sort of happened, we may need to up our sights in order to keep the momentum going for the next 3 months.
  I appreciate that but some people will - look for a donation that is a multiple of the distance.  ;)
Solvitur Ambulando

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 13:38:20, 12/03/20 »
  I appreciate that but some people will - look for a donation that is a multiple of the distance.  ;)
Of course, I was just being a bit slow on the uptake.

I have just opened this Ridge. I hadn't bothered because I have no idea how much a pint would be!
I should have known that to attract the hardened drinkers I should have mentioned red wine.

Don't drink much, so was quite shocked to find out the actual price of a pint. ;D ;D Hope you reach your targets, both ways, financially and distance wise.
Thanks Jimbob

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 13:56:50, 12/03/20 »
What a great thing to be able to do after such a horrendous experience.  Good luck and enjoy the experience both of you.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 14:51:27, 12/03/20 »
Thanks pdstsp.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 19:14:23, 12/03/20 »
I should have known that to attract the hardened drinkers I should have mentioned red wine.

;D

I have now donated. I see your son has inherited your sense of humour reading what he has written on the Just Giving page.

"Not only will I be walking through some of the wildest areas of the country but I will have the added handicap of my Dad coming with me"

Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 19:23:23, 12/03/20 »
Thanks April.
I'll tell him that you say he's inherited me sense of humor,  he'll be mortified.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 20:40:39, 12/03/20 »
I'll tell him that you say he's inherited me sense of humor,  he'll be mortified.

Oops  :o

Well for what it is worth I think you have a great sense of humour. Probably not worth much then  ;)
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 21:10:22, 12/03/20 »
Oops  :o

Well for what it is worth I think you have a great sense of humour. Probably not worth much then  ;)
Actually I, Mrs R and Robert all had a hand in writing it. It was really quite tricky knowing that lots of people would read it some of whom know exactely what happened and others who had no idea about it.
I think the line about
I will have the added handicap of my Dad coming with me"
was actually mine so I can't entirely blame him for the awful jokes.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy