Author Topic: Access to Meet up board  (Read 897 times)

Matt010791

Access to Meet up board
« on: 21:24:42, 30/08/19 »
Hi, I requested approval to the meet up board a 3-4 days ago and haven’t heard anything back yet, it just says approval pending. can any admin on here help me out please?

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Access to Meet up board
« Reply #1 on: 11:17:22, 31/08/19 »
You're not missing much in there at the moment Matt.  There have only been 4 this year;  one well attended, successful mountain walking weekend in the Lakes, one which got cancelled due to personal circumstances and two that might or might not have gone ahead but were never updated for those that showed interest.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:59:49, 31/08/19 »
Nothing to update with my attempt, did a bit of digging but its almost impossible to organise owt, its just life.
BTW-thats no dig at anybody. My availability is going down all the time, dont see how I could make a meet now, dicey.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Matt010791

« Reply #3 on: 12:39:11, 31/08/19 »
Thanks for the update guys

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:34:34, 31/08/19 »
Bit of a shame though I'd be up for a meet too though don't know who walks at my level now, not yet fit enough to join the fitter forum members but no longer a slow coach either, mind you wouldn't mind slowing down for a forum meet if there were slow coaches I could join.

Someone (jontea?) said I should try and organise a meetup myself, these posts don't fill me with confidence it would be successful though. Perhaps I will in the near to mid future regardless.

Matt010791 you could also try to organise your own meet but I don't know who would join? I might if it was in Cumbria, I'm only a moderate walker though, as graded by the Ramblers...

Matt010791

« Reply #5 on: 14:47:10, 31/08/19 »
Bit of a shame though I'd be up for a meet too though don't know who walks at my level now, not yet fit enough to join the fitter forum members but no longer a slow coach either, mind you wouldn't mind slowing down for a forum meet if there were slow coaches I could join.

Someone (jontea?) said I should try and organise a meetup myself, these posts don't fill me with confidence it would be successful though. Perhaps I will in the near to mid future regardless.

Matt010791 you could also try to organise your own meet but I don't know who would join? I might if it was in Cumbria, I'm only a moderate walker though, as graded by the Ramblers...

I live in Warrington so Cumbria isn’t the end of the world, maybe a middle point somewhere? I’m not pro I just do it for the enjoyment with two of my good mates. I’m really surprised I thought the meet up page would be really busy with meet ups

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 16:02:51, 31/08/19 »
I'm hoping to get involved in meets once I have completed my move south.

..and it's not a race, as far as I am concerned Rob!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 16:26:59, 31/08/19 »
Wouldn't want to hold people up too much on a steep ascent or descent though Richard!

Managed this walk (trace) with the Ramblers on Wednesday. We stopped a few times when I didn't need to to let slower members of the group catch up. This is the steepest ascent I've done I think (at NY 30113 34351), certainly on grass. Heart rate peaked at 165, for comparison when I was doing the treadmill yesterday at 15% incline (the max that machine did) at 4.6 km/h it hit 172 and settled around 164.

Matt, I looked on the map and there's the Yorkshire Dales and an area called The Forest of Bowland I've never heard of before. Has a few hills apparently. Could be worth exploring?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:32:12, 31/08/19 »
It was in the late 60s and early 70s.  Haven't been back since.  I lost a model glider up there, if you go look out for it will you.
Solvitur Ambulando

Matt010791

« Reply #9 on: 16:38:00, 31/08/19 »
With us we walk together and we a good chat or a [censored] about the misses depends what mood were all in and if theyve done our heads in the previous week haha Im gonna try and head over to the lakes over this winter, will give you a shout Rob, more than welcome to join us. Ive heard of the forrest of bowling but I've never actually been.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 16:39:41, 31/08/19 »
Choose a date and a route and post the details as a forum meet.  If you expect to complete the walk within a set time then state that so that people can judge for themselves whether or not they are fit enough  O0   

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 16:51:53, 31/08/19 »
I'm not sure if I'll be hiking in the winter, depends if I do the winter skills course or if the weather's nice. All things being well I'd join you, don't have a missus myself but I'm sure we'd find things to talk about as well as sharing the walk  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy