Author Topic: Lake District: Great & Little Langdale  (Read 2411 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Lake District: Great & Little Langdale
« on: 21:00:30, 16/10/07 »
16th October 2007

Lake District

A walk from Elterwater today over into Little Langdale and to Slater Bridge. Then up Little langdale to Fell Foot before returing into Great Langdale via Blea Tarn.

Dist:  9.5 miles        Ascent:    1406 feet    Time:    4h 15m

Dave

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Lake District: Great & Little Langdale
« Reply #1 on: 21:54:30, 16/10/07 »
you and your camera take some brilliant photos,can hardly wait to see it for myself..,you lucky sod there all the time Dave or there,..abouts them parts anyway.Your site is one of the best i visit out of the very chosen i do vist on a regular basis..,ive seen another realy good site today.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:20:08, 17/10/07 »
Thanks Darksky it's always nice to have good comments  O0

Dave

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:25:50, 17/10/07 »
Awesome, Dave, truly awesome.  8)

Some of those colours took my breath away.  That campsite at Great Langdale (you know, the one hidden in the trees), is that the one WG is on about us staying at?  Just look at that view.

I have to say, what I like about your photo journals is that you make us feel as though we're there with you, on your shoulder as it where.  In some of these pics for this walk, you can almost taste the grass and feel the drizzle. Fantastic.

Thanks  ;)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:41:19, 17/10/07 »
Awesome, Dave, truly awesome.  8)

Some of those colours took my breath away.  That campsite at Great Langdale (you know, the one hidden in the trees), is that the one WG is on about us staying at?  Just look at that view.

I have to say, what I like about your photo journals is that you make us feel as though we're there with you, on your shoulder as it where.  In some of these pics for this walk, you can almost taste the grass and feel the drizzle. Fantastic.

Thanks  ;)

Yes , thats the campsite I think she as in mind. Plenty of good walking right on the doorstep.
And the ODG is pretty good to  ;)
Dave
« Last Edit: 12:43:28, 17/10/07 by KIDSTYPIKE »

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:46:22, 17/10/07 »
And the ODG is pretty good to  ;)

Actually, I've been meaning to ask: what's the ODG as compared to the NDG? I have no idea!  ???

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:38:27, 17/10/07 »
Actually, I've been meaning to ask: what's the ODG as compared to the NDG? I have no idea!  ???

ODG .....Old Dungeon Ghyll
NDG ......New Dungeon Ghyll

also the Sticklebarn

All places of liquid refreshment

Dave

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:54:19, 19/10/07 »
Ah!  Pubs you mean! 

Good stuff!

;)

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:28:40, 25/11/07 »
 :) Dave would you do me a favour please ? could you post some photos on here of Great Langdale and stakes pass and jacks rake and pavey arc and any more you think i'll be interested in seeing as a bunch of us are walking in & around there very soon and i do hope you and your good wife can make it. Thankyou very much.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 23:04:55, 25/11/07 »
:) Dave would you do me a favour please ? could you post some photos on here of Great Langdale and stakes pass and jacks rake and pavey arc and any more you think i'll be interested in seeing as a bunch of us are walking in & around there very soon and i do hope you and your good wife can make it. Thankyou very much.

This is the best I can do mate at the moment.

1) Go to my website....  http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

2) For some pics of Jacks Rake & Pavey Ark.....Look at Walk No.18

3) For pics of Stake pass ........Walk No. 31

4) For a low level route..........Walk No.86

Dave

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:47:26, 26/11/07 »
nice one Dave for that..,

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy