Author Topic: Linn of Dee Car Park  (Read 2345 times)

myxpyr

Linn of Dee Car Park
« on: 08:17:29, 03/09/19 »
I've booked a night at the Braemar YH but they say I can't leave my car there over the weekend because apparently it's the Braemar Gathering. They suggest I park at Linn of Dee(thankfully I've got National Trust membership so I presume I won't have to pay. I plan to be away for two, possibly three days. Does anyone know if it's safe to park there - I'm thinking potential break-ins or theft.Thanks

snoopdawg

Re: Linn of Dee Car Park
« Reply #1 on: 08:40:27, 03/09/19 »
Just left my car there for 3 nights. Its the same as any other car park, crime may happen,it may not. It is fairly remote so obviously the chances are less. If you are not happy,perhaps leave it in Braemar, its free and more visible and walk/ hitch the 6 miles along to the Linn of Dee

myxpyr

« Reply #2 on: 08:51:44, 03/09/19 »
Thanks Snoopdawg. Not sure where I would be able to leave it in Braemar. I suppose I could always try that castle along the road at Balmoral ;D Never quite sure who lives there ;D

snoopdawg

« Reply #3 on: 09:08:07, 03/09/19 »
I understand its the gathering so car parks may be busy but there is one in the middle of braemar which is free.

myxpyr

« Reply #4 on: 11:23:14, 03/09/19 »
What a helpful young lady. I'd initially been told by NTS that overnight parking at Linn of Dee was not permitted but they gave me a number for Mar Lodge.
The lovely lady said "No problem" and confirmed my free parking with membership. She then asked for my registration so she could inform the rangers that my car would be there overnight. :D

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:13:58, 03/09/19 »
Well you could not get a safer place ro leave you motor than in the grounds of.Mar Lodge.:-)

myxpyr

« Reply #6 on: 12:18:41, 03/09/19 »
No, not Mar Lodge itself, Linn of Dee which is part of the Mar Lodge Estate

scottk

« Reply #7 on: 21:30:01, 03/09/19 »
Braemar will be mobbed for the Gathering. It’s a nightmare-best avoided. Even driving through is a pain! I have left my car at Linn of Dee quite a lot and never had any issues. Port a look in the car park (the composting toilets were closed a couple of years ago).
Enjoy your trip.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy