Author Topic: Snow on the way.  (Read 12674 times)

Ian s

• Veteran Member
Re: Snow on the way.
« Reply #15 on: 18:13:21, 27/11/10 »
good try. but wrong.
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: 18:14:47, 27/11/10 »
We are trapped. We cannot get out.

Nick Clegg to the Liberal Democrats
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:19:23, 27/11/10 »

Nick Clegg to the Liberal Democrats

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

Starling

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 18:20:16, 27/11/10 »

Bonus points if you correctly state who wrote those words (not me, you donkeys ;D )

Sounds like something from Dad's Army.... "We are all doomed!!!"

On another note ::)  Part of Telford had a couple of inches of white stuff during last night.  And yet, three miles across town there is only a smattering.  Five miles away, there's no sign of the stuff.  :o
Life is a journey... always take the scenic route

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: 18:23:38, 27/11/10 »

Sounds like something from Dad's Army.... "We are all doomed!!!"

On another note ::)  Part of Telford had a couple of inches of white stuff during last night.  And yet, three miles across town there is only a smattering.  Five miles away, there's no sign of the stuff.  :o

Similar to here in Stirling we have a good covering of snow at ground level yet the Munro's of Stuc A Chroin and Ben Vorlich only have a light dusting on the top. Ben More and Stob Binnian at Crianlarich look to have a good covering. So there has obviously been areas that are hardly touched.

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:24:53, 27/11/10 »

......... So there has obviously been areas that are hardly touched.

Yeah it's thick up here by the house but there is none on the loch :D

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: 21:23:39, 27/11/10 »

Was it Shackleton when Endurance became stuck in the polar ice?

susiej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 21:51:50, 27/11/10 »

for us lot scratch "facebook status" and replace with "walking forum thread"  :D
take it easy...but take it

www.yogaunionswansea.org

Alex Quinn

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 00:16:25, 28/11/10 »
Over the past couple of hours there has been a good few inches of snowfall.Tomorrow maybe a snow man building day, yellow segment for me then O0

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #24 on: 02:03:16, 28/11/10 »
Over the past couple of hours there has been a good few inches of snowfall.Tomorrow maybe a snow man building day, yellow segment for me then O0

The lovely weatherman has just said we are due to get a big fall in the next few hours dumping more than we already have. I need to get my sister in law to Edinburgh Airport at around 6pm so I hope by then the roads will be cleared. 

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: 02:05:01, 28/11/10 »
Susie I had difficulty quoting from your post but you are almost spot on. I did a bit of sledging with the kids and the rest of the time I have been indoors on here.  O0

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: 03:40:39, 28/11/10 »
I seem to be the nightwatchman on snow watch. Its just started to fall here, Little wind so its unlikely to drift. I suppose it keeps the kids happy for about ten minutes before they complain its cold.  ;D 

robstubbs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 08:46:28, 29/11/10 »
We appear to have had a dusting on Saturday, but I wasn't even there to spot it.  I was at Bisley, in Surrey, all weekend and didn't see a snow flake, but it was damn cold !  Forecast looks like we'll get some in the next day or two, but how much and when is anyone's guess as we're on the edge of the forecast snow divide in the east of England.

Rob.

botty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 08:57:23, 29/11/10 »
The difference between yesterday and today where I live is amazing - yesterday at 8:30am I took the car out and it was showing -13c, this morning at 6:30am I was defrosting it and it was showing -2c. Quite a difference especially considering that both nights were clear (as far as it would appear), and that the -2c 'warmer' morning was 2hrs earlier than the -13c.  :-\

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: 09:29:42, 29/11/10 »
We now have around 6-8 inches of snow and driving is a complete nightmare. the snow is hard and compact. You could easily take a fall on it. Be carefull guys.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy