Author Topic: Our 2 glorious weeks on the Isle of Skye.......  (Read 13414 times)

gary m

• Veteran Member
Re: Our 2 glorious weeks on the Isle of Skye.......
« Reply #30 on: 20:43:14, 12/08/11 »
great photos of a great place
you have 1 life live it

Gilly

« Reply #31 on: 15:50:37, 13/08/11 »
Awesome pictures, just make me want to go there now!  O0
In the mountains there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can't.

joester

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 16:14:26, 13/08/11 »
Nice one.

We're having 2011 without a Skye visit, but I've been thinking about going back next year, and this report has helped that decision.
There's still so many things to do there!
solvitur ambulando

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 16:09:52, 16/08/11 »
Never been there ,but heard it's good .But i did'nt know it was this good .Fantastic photo's and report. What a brilliant  holiday that must have been . O0

Dare'nt show the missus this report ,i'm still paying for last years holiday . ;)

Ps. Matt ! we live not far from each other ,how long did it take to get there .
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 21:32:08, 16/08/11 »
Aw! I wanna go back to Skye  :'(

Your pictures really do the island justice Matt. Thanks for sharing so many of your lovely pics with us.

Ruthr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 21:56:07, 16/08/11 »
I love your photos and these are no exception. So many amazing places to look at, I'd love to visit some day. How old are you kids? They must have loved all the wild life being around to see in such close contact. My daughters seen a few seals in Devon and Cornwall, but not so close up sadly.
Sponser Emma to walk Scafell Pike next month in aid of Brace and in memory of her Great Nan
http://www.justgiving.com/emmas-challenge

rdpounder

« Reply #36 on: 22:37:01, 17/08/11 »
Just.... WOWSWERS!... to all of this :D

ImSparticus

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 20:48:26, 21/08/11 »

Fantastic pics, thats a lot covered in 2 weeks. Kind of like a world forgotten when everyone else wants to go abroad ! Will be showing the Mrs this thread and make a few enquiries. Hows about a forum meet up  O0

ADMIN, make this thread a sticky...its worthy ;)
Powered by Espresso !
More than 4000 people are injured by TeaPots each year in the UK!

walksalot78

« Reply #38 on: 20:57:15, 21/08/11 »
ABSOLUTELY STOMRING pictures!!!!!!!

We've just invested in a campervan as the grand isle of skye has been on our to do list a long time - and after seeing those pictures really cant wait!

Tryfan75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 22:45:41, 22/08/11 »
Thanks for all your comments. :)

How old are you kids? They must have loved all the wild life being around to see in such close contact.
My daughter (10) loved it almost as much as me.  The real highlight was the seal in the Bay.  Getting so close to such a beautiful wild seal like that was special.....the sea eagles...the golden eagles....the deer.....the dolphins....the pilot whale....all rather special!! :)   And thats just the local wildlife.
However son (15) was less impressed...although to be honest being a modern teenager suggests that the Isle of Skye would be rather uninspiring.  Shame eh ;) .  He'd be unimpressed with a holiday to the moon...unless his cronies had organised it on facebook first ::) .

Oh to be on the Isle of Skye.........

Tryfan75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 22:54:03, 22/08/11 »
Ps. Matt ! we live not far from each other ,how long did it take to get there .
A long time......the drive up took about 12 hours (we stop a lot), probably about 9 hours driving time.  Once we got past Glasgow the drive up was great as the scenery improves and as you approach Skye the scenery is jaw-droppingly magnificent.  We were based in Uig in Northern Skye and so it was about 1.5 hours drive from bottom to top of Skye.  I enjoyed the drive up.....
The drive home was horrid because I didn't want to go home and the traffic was heavy all the way down to the southern tip of Loch Lomond.  Probably took 12.5 hours to get home.

I miss Skye.

Ruthr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 22:55:28, 22/08/11 »
Thanks for all your comments. :)
 My daughter (10) loved it almost as much as me.  The real highlight was the seal in the Bay.  Getting so close to such a beautiful wild seal like that was special.....the sea eagles...the golden eagles....the deer.....the dolphins....the pilot whale....all rather special!! :)   And thats just the local wildlife.
However son (15) was less impressed...although to be honest being a modern teenager suggests that the Isle of Skye would be rather uninspiring.  Shame eh ;) .  He'd be unimpressed with a holiday to the moon...unless his cronies had organised it on facebook first ::) .

Oh to be on the Isle of Skye.........

Heh Im not looking forward to the teenage years!
Sponser Emma to walk Scafell Pike next month in aid of Brace and in memory of her Great Nan
http://www.justgiving.com/emmas-challenge

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #42 on: 00:40:54, 24/08/11 »
I missed this earlier thanks for sharing these brilliant pictures with us. I really enjoyed that  O0
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Granty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 22:25:12, 09/09/11 »
Well looks like you got about a bit though you had a great time and some good weather. Can't wait to go :)
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 23:06:37, 09/09/11 »
just seen this :-[ Matt, that's awesome mate O0 We were hoping to a have a few days there earlier this year butcouldn't quite get dates sorted. We are hopeful about next year and seeing these photo's has certainly wetted the appetite. That sea eagle is a must ee for me
Nice one mate O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy