Author Topic: TR Ben Nevis via The Ledge Route returning Via the CMD 23.04.16  (Read 13567 times)

Rhino

• Veteran Member
O0 Absolutely fantastic TR and photos Dave wish i could have been there mate maybe next time O0

Thanks Chris  :)
Thought i told you the June meet dates? dont get divorced on my account though  ;D
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

heatybob

Firstly I wanna say sorry again for missing this TR till now,

Second and more importantly, a big fat massive well done to you 3, fantastic TR and pics, to do those 2 routes on consecutive days,fantastic, I take my hat off to you, taking meet ups to the next level here Dave,

Seriously, good effort guys,awesome.

2017 to-do's

Get fit enough to......
...Aonoch Eagach ridge (june 17)
eta-didnt appen due to injury !!
...Get my A$$ over that  "Mantleshelf"

domtheone

• Veteran Member
Cheers Ged.

Was a tough 2 days (no pain no gain ;D ) but pretty amazing nevertheless.

Would do it again in a heartbeat O0
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Rhino

• Veteran Member
Firstly I wanna say sorry again for missing this TR till now,

Second and more importantly, a big fat massive well done to you 3, fantastic TR and pics, to do those 2 routes on consecutive days,fantastic, I take my hat off to you, taking meet ups to the next level here Dave,

Seriously, good effort guys,awesome.

The TR's are easily missed Ged when they fall off the bottom of the board, i do it myself so have taken to looking directly in the different region boards to pick up ones i might have missed.

Thank you very much for the compliment mate  O0  much appreciated. Ive been itching to progress to the next level with my scrambling and winter work but its the winter stuff i find exilerating but it is so dependant on the weather and conditions there is just too short a window to spend doing it. Cant wait for some 2 axe stuff over the next winter  :D

Will be great to catch up tomorrow on Tryfan mate  :)  ive certainly had some withdrawal symptons since this trip to Scotland and iam so looking forward to getting out on the rock and a good day with everyone  O0

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
Gents, .... please show a little restraint.
As I've said - once you get hooked it's only a short hop & skip to becoming OBSESSED  :D   Before you know it (and I've seen you eyeing up climbing rucksacks) you'll start to become a gear freak for climbing kit.
So before you get too far gone I'd urge you to think again, it's never too late to stop and turn back onto those greener, gentler paths !

Otherwise next year you may be considering slack-lining: - check this out ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVaTsulE5Z0

Or, knowing how Rhino likes to bring "ole' Handsome along, you may get into this ..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGWiZLy0YuI

Y O U ' V E  B E E N  W A R N E D  :knuppel2:    
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Rhino

• Veteran Member
Gents, .... please show a little restraint.
As I've said - once you get hooked it's only a short hop & skip to becoming OBSESSED  :D   Before you know it (and I've seen you eyeing up climbing rucksacks) you'll start to become a gear freak for climbing kit.
So before you get too far gone I'd urge you to think again, it's never too late to stop and turn back onto those greener, gentler paths !

Otherwise next year you may be considering slack-lining: - check this out ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVaTsulE5Z0

Or, knowing how Rhino likes to bring "ole' Handsome along, you may get into this ..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGWiZLy0YuI

Y O U ' V E  B E E N  W A R N E D  :knuppel2:  

Great tubes IM although i dont think i can walk a straight line at the best of times let alone a rope hic  ;D  Dont think Handsome would like a base jump either but then again maybe he would  O0  i enjoyed watching them.

Yes i am starting to become obsessed  ;D  i watched a great documentary the other day called Valley Uprising about the first ascents of El Cap and it had Dean Potter in it, he smashed the El Cap record for an ascent free climbing before he was beaten by Alex Honnold who is unbelievable at climbing. Sadly Dean Potter was killed last year doing what he loved.
For me though this is the stuff dreams are made of and so ill have to aim my sights a bit lower, two axe stuff and some easy grade 3 maybe is going to be my limit i think  :)

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
I note in the latest BMC newsletter that Alex Honnold is touring UK with lectures/presentations in Sheffield, Manchester & Caernarfon beginning on 24th May;
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/alexhonnold

Geoffrey Winthrop Young

domtheone

• Veteran Member
Gotta say, the dog seemed to take the Base Jump well ;D

Couldn't watch all of the first vid.  Made me feel sick :o
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

alewife

• Veteran Member
Wow, again: Though looks a tad cooler than the day before. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! I bet you all slept well that night.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member

I felt sorry for his dog - as he didn't seem to have a say in the matter, just stuffed in the pack and off you go.
Unfortunately our family dog is no longer with us but she used to go everywhere we went. I'd have to draw the line at base jumping though - she was a Great Dane.
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Rhino

• Veteran Member

I note in the latest BMC newsletter that Alex Honnold is touring UK with lectures/presentations in Sheffield, Manchester & Caernarfon beginning on 24th May;
https://www.thebmc.co.uk/alexhonnold

Its a shame i cant make any of the dates as i would love to here some of his stories, its amazing what he can physically do.

Yeah the dog handled it well, did you see him fly past the woman sat at the side of the road  :D  $5000 dollar fine and 6 months imprisonment for base jumping and or wing suit flying in Yosemite. Got me thinking now  ;D
Watch the documentary Dom Valley Uprising on Netflix it will make you shudder  :D

Wow, again: Though looks a tad cooler than the day before. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! I bet you all slept well that night.

Thanks again Debs, we slep like babies due to the ale  ;D  was a truly great day  :)

I felt sorry for his dog - as he didn't seem to have a say in the matter, just stuffed in the pack and off you go.
Unfortunately our family dog is no longer with us but she used to go everywhere we went. I'd have to draw the line at base jumping though - she was a Great Dane.

Yeah but did you see its tail wagging at the end  :D  it loved it  ;D

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
Yeah but did you see its tail wagging at the end  :D  it loved it  ;D
Your right and he was wagging it when being lowered off onto the top of the pinnacle before the flight began. What a dawg !

Geoffrey Winthrop Young

alewife

• Veteran Member
Your right and he was wagging it when being lowered off onto the top of the pinnacle before the flight began. What a dawg !

Strange how though the guy sadly died on another jump, I had to check the dog was okay (he was). I was a bit upset he took the dog actually, feeling it was a bit frivolous and the dog had no choice. I gather I wasn't the only one from what I read.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

jontea

• Veteran Member

Just a thought, It's a misconception to think a dog only wags its tail when happy

http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/why-do-dogs-wag-their-tails/

The dog might have been just relieved to be back on the ground!!!  ;)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Rhino

• Veteran Member

Strange how though the guy sadly died on another jump, I had to check the dog was okay (he was). I was a bit upset he took the dog actually, feeling it was a bit frivolous and the dog had no choice. I gather I wasn't the only one from what I read.

Some people will see this type of thing in a different light such as you do debs and be more concerned at the animals welfare and its natural if your an animal lover. I think the owner is the best judge of his animals normal behaviour and if they were not comfortable then most wouldnt do it. My conclusion was and still is the dog was comfortable, just look at its eyes when its not wearing goggles it really did love it  :)
You can see fear in the eyes in both animals and humans.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy