Author Topic: TR Ben Nevis via The Ledge Route returning Via the CMD 23.04.16  (Read 13568 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
We headed round the plateau to take a look at Gully No4 a descent route Stuart suggested we take back down. A few weeks before Dom got a bit nervous looking over Swirral edge, both of us walked away from the edge muttering to Stuart perhaps it wasn’t a good idea

FOOTNOTE

I got some beta about the Nevis WINTER descents from a couple of guys in the hut.

Apparently No3 gully (which is normally slightly harder than no 4 gully) has been set up with rappel lower offs at the top.

A rappel down the steep top bit would make this a much less intimidating descent route.

Well worth knowing about.

Rhino

• Veteran Member
FOOTNOTE

I got some beta about the Nevis WINTER descents from a couple of guys in the hut.

Apparently No3 gully (which is normally slightly harder than no 4 gully) has been set up with rappel lower offs at the top.

A rappel down the steep top bit would make this a much less intimidating descent route.

No 3 gully it is then Stuart on our next winter outing on the Ben  O0
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

domtheone

• Veteran Member
Google "Ben nevis no 3 gully winter" and check out the images :D
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member

Now there is a phrase I recognise ! (LB)
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

phil1960

• Veteran Member
What a brilliant time you guys must have had, great TR and pics, well done to you all  O0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Rhino

• Veteran Member
What a brilliant time you guys must have had, great TR and pics, well done to you all  O0

Thanks Phil, it was an absolute fantastic day and one i cant wait to repeat  :)
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy