Author Topic: The Rota Vicentina. Portugal  (Read 1724 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
The Rota Vicentina. Portugal
« on: 12:31:19, 20/09/18 »
Has anyone on the Forum hiked the Rota Vicentina in Portugal? If so what did you think of it? I'm interested mainly in the Historical Way, rather than the coast route. I live near the sea so walking beside it does not appeal.

Or have you walked other routes in the country? I'm looking for a route that takes from 5 - 14 days if possible, I'm happy if it includes Spain as well. Thanks in advance.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: The Rota Vicentina. Portugal
« Reply #1 on: 12:43:36, 20/09/18 »
I obviously looked but didn't see that a few entries below mine there is a whole thread about some Portugal hikes. I've had a read, very useful stuff.

Oldtramp

Re: The Rota Vicentina. Portugal
« Reply #2 on: 07:05:42, 26/09/18 »
I did the coast route early this month - 4 days from Porto Covo to Odeceixe.  Spectacularly coloured cliffs and well waymarked throughout.  I enjoyed it, and not jus because of excessive amounts of vino verde with dinner each night.  Downsides were heat and lots and lots of soft sand, even on top of the cliffs, making hard going.   

Inland, on the Historical Way, it'll be hotter but I'd guess that surfaces will mostly be easier.

In any event, I enjoyed it enough to be thinking that, next year, when I must return to Portugal, that I'll likely go back to Odeceixe and push south to Cabo San Vincente.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy