Author Topic: Looking for inspiration for my Easter holiday!  (Read 1363 times)

Emma

Looking for inspiration for my Easter holiday!
« on: 17:21:23, 25/02/07 »
During my 2week Easter break I want to go walking somewhere, but can't decide where. It'll either be in the week before Easter weekend or just after.
I'm hoping to go somewhere not too far away (i'm in the east midlands) and somewhere with a youth hostel. I love walking but i'm not up to great distances YET. About 16 miles in a day would be the maximum.

Could anyone recommend (sorry if i spell that wrong - shame on me, in my prefession!) any walks or areas?

Snowman

Re: Looking for inspiration for my Easter holiday!
« Reply #1 on: 15:01:38, 26/02/07 »
Not TOO far from you - the Brecons in South Wales.    There are a number of Youth Hostels, and Capel-Y-Ffin is a really good place to stay.   Unfortunately the YHA has decided to close it, but I believe it will still be there at Easter (if you can get in of course).

An absolutely superb two day walk is to start at Abergavenny and walk north to Capel-Y-Ffin, and then back to Crickhowell (which is only a few miles from your start point so you can get a bus back).   Follow the route of the Cambrian Way for a highly unforgettable two days (hoping the weather is OK of course).    I've done it and loved it.

S.

marmot

« Reply #2 on: 21:24:41, 26/02/07 »
16 miles in a day, over mountains - not very far!  I must be getting old!

titaniumdude

« Reply #3 on: 00:55:05, 27/02/07 »
My thoughts exactly.  Covering 16 miles a day there is massive scope with a whole week to play with.  Even some of the shorter national trails are easily doable in a week covering that distance.  The West Highland Way would be good over Easter I reckon.  Hopefully cut down on the rabid midge problem at this time of year.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy