Author Topic: South Cumbria -- A walk along "The Black & White"  (Read 790 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
9th December 2008
South Cumbria

On another fine & sunny day I ventured into the south of the county to take this very enjoyable walk.
Pictures for those wishing to view are now available on the website.
Regards,
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: South Cumbria -- A walk along "The Black & White"
« Reply #1 on: 14:15:47, 16/12/08 »
The East Coast Main Line is equally badly named passing, as it does, the well know seaside resorts of Doncaster, Leeds and York

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:47:30, 16/12/08 »
The East Coast Main Line is equally badly named passing, as it does, the well know seaside resorts of Doncaster, Leeds and York

LOL.....Nice one mate.....nice to do a coastal walk through Leeds

Stephen Fulcher

« Reply #3 on: 12:42:44, 17/12/08 »
The ECML does run alongside the coast for a while near Berwick, the WCML I think was probably named because as such because it goes up the West side of the country.

One advantage the WCML does have is that it enables me to go to the Lake District for a day from home if I want. I can drive it, but I would be too tired to do anything once I got there and would dread the drive home, but I can be there in a couple of hours from Wolverhampton to Oxenholme Lake District without having to change trains.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:58:54, 17/12/08 »
The ECML does run alongside the coast for a while near Berwick, the WCML I think was probably named because as such because it goes up the West side of the country.

One advantage the WCML does have is that it enables me to go to the Lake District for a day from home if I want. I can drive it, but I would be too tired to do anything once I got there and would dread the drive home, but I can be there in a couple of hours from Wolverhampton to Oxenholme Lake District without having to change trains.

The upgrading of the WCML is now complete and should make travel on this line a lot quicker. Unfortunately on the first day of the new timetable there were delays of up to 6hrs caused by a £2.00 fuse.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy