Author Topic: C2C in 2017  (Read 23507 times)

C2C10

• Veteran Member
Re: C2C in 2017
« Reply #75 on: 14:45:50, 09/05/17 »
Pleased to see you are enjoying the walk. My plans for the c2c fell through. However, saying that I'm cycling 300 miles on the Yorkshire moors, wolds, coast and dales, the week after you are finished and will be visiting Robin Hood's Bay, Lion Inn, Richmond and Reeth.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: 15:39:55, 09/05/17 »
Morning all. Today will arrive in Richmond. All good so far (I suppose it would be churlish to complain about the sun in my eyes when we set off each morning, so I won't ;D ).Weather has been pretty kind to us, have made some new friends along the way, and some new blisters (and blisters on blisters) but they don't seem to bother hurting anymore! Lakes area was stunning (my first visit-will be going back) but have also loved the moors, where I was appointed as chief bog-tester after we left 9 standards rig;at times I was worried that Kay might get blown away by the wind as well as the views. The sights and sounds of the Spring wildlife has added more interest too, and changes as we move along.

Good to know it's going well  O0
Where there's a will ...

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 18:56:25, 09/05/17 »
Great to hear that you are enjoying it.  Glad someone gets good weather on their LDWs!  ;D

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 18:24:12, 11/05/17 »
The ladies should now be in a pub in Chop Gate with only 2 more days to go....  O0

I know this because amazingly enough I bumped into them between Carlton Bank and Clay Bank whilst I was having a circular walk. I wasn't sure if they had done this section yesterday so didn't expect to meet them anyway but saw 2 ladies and thought I recognised Deb from photos on here.

It was a pleasant ending to a good days walking for me and as usual when I walk on some of the C2C route I get the urge to do it again, lol
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

TinTin

« Reply #79 on: 22:28:29, 11/05/17 »
Arrived in Shap tonight, 4 days in and weather has been superb, looking a bit more changeable going forward but glad I got the best of it in the Lakes.

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: 06:43:35, 12/05/17 »
We are indeed in the Buck inn in Chop gate, enjoyed the game casserole last night. Great to meet you Bricam O0  Hard to choose but I think yesterdays walk may have been my favourite day, phenomenal views all through the morning, including the North sea. Nice to put in some effort after 2 days of low level walking (and cows!). Early start today for a 19 miler. Eek. ;D
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Mick wmexile

« Reply #81 on: 08:13:49, 12/05/17 »
Travelling up from Derbyshire today ready for my 12 days C2C starting tomorrow. I know you've no control over the weather but, you do look at the forecasts don't you. First few days seems to be a bit showery, never mind, still looking forward for some great walking. If anybody else is starting it this weekend and you see a short grey haired fella in his mid 60's say hi, it might be me  8)
I never get lost, just don't always know where I am!

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: 20:49:07, 12/05/17 »
Tintin and WM exile, hope you get the good weather we have enjoyed throughout. It was grey and very windy for us on the day we walked to Keld over the moors and some misty claggy stuff today but the threatened rain held off today, so fingers crossed for tomorrow too. Today was a long one, the first 12-14 or so miles seemed like only 6 or 7 as we chatted, watched the birds, saw an adder (baby one), met some Lyke Wake walkers. The final 5 ish miles seemed never ending on road and horrible lumpy track. But we made it in good time in the end. 7 or 8 tomorrow, 12 on Sunday when we reach 'the end'. I hope you and any other c2c-ers enjoy it as much as we have. O0
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

TinTin

« Reply #83 on: 20:11:28, 13/05/17 »
Just having my first pint of Black Sheep in Reeth.
Found it hard today, the forecasted patch of bad weather arrived on cue just as I arrived at Nine Standards 😡though by mid afternoon it improved and the last few miles this evening into Reeth, weather was stunning.
Good luck wmexile and hope you get the weather I've had for the first 5 days - well apart from this mornings blip.

TinTin

« Reply #84 on: 20:46:14, 13/05/17 »
Whoops that should be first 6 days.

Mick wmexile

« Reply #85 on: 22:21:24, 13/05/17 »
First day over, nice meal and couple of pints in the Shepherd's Arms to round off a good first day. I was expecting a rather nondiscript day but it turned better than I thought. Pleasant cliff top walk, bit of a cross country drudge before the ascent of Dent Hill. Climb up to the top wasn't too bad, very misty on top, no views. A VERY steep descent off the end but, then a lovely short walk through Nannycatch, by this time the sun had broken through making it a pleasant walk into Ennadale Bridge with the Lakeland hills bathed in sunlight. Looking forward to a sunny days walk to borrowdale tomorrow  O0
I never get lost, just don't always know where I am!

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: 07:35:12, 14/05/17 »
Final day today, currently raining but hoping it will clear a bit before we set off, be a shame to unpack my neat parcel of waterproof gear at this stage. Nice to re-live it through others' updates. There are 10 0f us at Intake farm, all finishing today so might be a tad crowded at RHB this afternoon ;D
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: 08:22:33, 14/05/17 »
Keep the good weather coming  O0  Looking okay for the start of my PW trip according to the forecast, though possibly a few showers on Day 1 ...

Hope your GPS kept you on track  :)
Where there's a will ...

TinTin

« Reply #88 on: 19:26:42, 14/05/17 »
Just arrived at Danby Wiske, sat in the White Swan trying to ignore tomorrow's weather forecast 😟

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: 08:24:30, 15/05/17 »
Well, we made it! Arrived in RHB around 4 ish yesterday in the most beautiful sunny weather. Its been amazing, as I wrote in the log book at the pub. Mountaingirl was ace navigator for the whole trip and was great fun to walk with, lots of laughs, lots of interest along the way.

For anyone thinking of doing it I would say don't undersetimate the challenge but go for it! If I can, so can you. Looking forward to getting home and reliving it all when I go through the photos (of which there are many).

Alewife

...beware of the bull!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy