Author Topic: Grumpy Greetings  (Read 3175 times)

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Re: Grumpy Greetings
« Reply #15 on: 12:03:40, 17/07/20 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. I am under 60, so am still young  :) . I am probably grumpy and insociable before my time though, as apart from a forum or two I do not go anywhere near social media and I tend to prefer my own company than that of most others. Small select groups can be tolerable.

I may also be going gaga at an early age, as I often find Ninthace amusing or, even worse, agree with him.  :D

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 12:10:38, 17/07/20 »
Welcome from a Shropshire Old Faaarrt, so you are of a particular age, with a flatus problem prone to ill humour,  :D but what local knowledge do you bear. Is this a condition bought about by others?  Always eager to here how some anti-social occupier of our countryside has soiled the good name of our country gentry. Secret ways to part the bushes and reveal untrodden ground and juicy Gossip of debauched squiredom.  :o
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 12:24:44, 17/07/20 »
I like your comment ' I am under 60, so am still young.' With your permission, I'd like to use that so when I next get an opportunity I will say to someone something like, "I'm 75, so I'm still young." Sounds good!

When I'm out running people that I stop and speak to have a habit of asking me how old I am when I tell them they usually say something like "Oooh, you don't look it." I'm never sure if they mean it, are just being polite or are extracting the urine?

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 12:50:05, 17/07/20 »
I don't usually feel old except on the mornings after a strenuous walk.  That said, I find my brain has an increasing tendency to write cheques that my body has difficulty in cashing.  My grandchildren, on the other hand, regard me as old enough to have taught Pontius to fly.
While I try to be politically correct, I can still be cantankerous in other ways.  Equally while I have an old man's cynicism, I don't believe in "they" and other conspiracy theories but I am a fan of Occam's Razor.
Solvitur Ambulando

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 12:54:58, 17/07/20 »
I like your comment ' I am under 60, so am still young.' With your permission, I'd like to use that so when I next get an opportunity I will say to someone something like, "I'm 75, so I'm still young." Sounds good!

When I'm out running people that I stop and speak to have a habit of asking me how old I am when I tell them they usually say something like "Oooh, you don't look it." I'm never sure if they mean it, are just being polite or are extracting the urine?
If you can run for 100 days in a row, you are still young in my mind, no matter the number of years you have walked the earth. I have been plagued throughout my life with others thinking that I don’t look my age, but not in a complimentary way. >:( .

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 13:11:49, 17/07/20 »
It has become quite clear that this forum is populated by old pharts who have plenty of time on their hands in the day (except when they're out walking of course) and have nothing better to do except sit and write posts, while there is usually a flurry of posts in the evening from the younger members who have to work to live.

so you are of a particular age, with a flatus problem

Did you mean a flatulence problem BWW?  ;D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 13:45:40, 17/07/20 »
I'm a furloughed fart, so time on my hands day and evening.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 13:50:23, 17/07/20 »
Yes, Fernman I am one of those people! Loads of time on my hands, especially during the day.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 14:07:49, 17/07/20 »
Did you mean a flatulence problem BWW?  ;D
I stand corrected, should I have posted a problem with flatus being the gas, that causes the condition  ;D .
Mrs BWW, ex nurse, assures me it is a sign of a healthy gut and being at a certain age any sign of good health should be savoured.  ::)
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 14:25:27, 17/07/20 »
My daughter in law assures me that as I've aged I haven't become grumpy, yet! I'm getting there though, perhaps its something to do with the age we now live in?

I felt good about myself yesterday afternoon. We don't do it often but as my son and his wife were visiting, he fancied having fish and chips, so I drove him to the chippy and he paid! Whilst I was standing outside on the pavement 5 young 'butch' Pompey men in their 20s (eating fish and chips) stood near me 'effin and blinding' and moaning about everything and everyone. Listening to them made me feel even better about myself.

I also took note of a possible Covid-19 issue to look out for, two of them kept spitting into the kerb area. Both had obviously developed the habit, I suppose that's what 'men' do these days?. Yuk!

I still maintain I'm not grumpy!

GrumpyPhart

« Reply #25 on: 19:49:39, 17/07/20 »
Welcome from Portmouth
Are you Hampshire borne and bred?

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 21:19:02, 17/07/20 »
Are you Hampshire borne and bred?
I am, but I have lived in Scotland for the last 22 years.

GrumpyPhart

« Reply #27 on: 21:29:43, 17/07/20 »
I am, but I have lived in Scotland for the last 22 years.
What part of Hampshire?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 21:52:53, 17/07/20 »
I grew up in Kent but have lived in Portmouth for the past 34 years.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 22:02:04, 17/07/20 »
What part of Hampshire?
Southampton

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy