Author Topic: So what Walking Goodies did you get for Christmas.  (Read 4084 times)

Annejacko

• Veteran Member
Re: So what Walking Goodies did you get for Christmas.
« Reply #30 on: 14:28:47, 30/12/18 »
I got the OS quiz book too. :)

Best present-homemade Sloe Gin, not entirely walking related but it'll be nice to take some with me on overnighters.
Enjoy every sandwich

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 14:36:03, 30/12/18 »
Best present-homemade Sloe Gin, not entirely walking related but it'll be nice to take some with me on overnighters.

Lovely - still have some from last year, made from sloes picked in Dalbeattie.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 16:53:03, 31/12/18 »

My 11 year old son got the SMC guide to the Munros from my father in law. Beautiful book, and it is whetting his appetite!

Lots of excuses for me to get into the hills with him next year  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 16:51:14, 01/01/19 »
April, I would go with the waterproof, not yet seen a laptop with a hood.

Waterproof any day, unless your laptop is completely broken. Gaynor's awaits.... :)

My vote is also for a new coat April.

Another vote for jacket April.  If nothing else, having a new waterproof jacket in the bag means its unlikely to rain for months!

I have thought about what to do since Boxing Day  :-\

I ignored you all and bought a new laptop  ;D

My old laptop is so slow and it keeps freezing and then has to be rebooted so I needed the laptop more than the jacket. It will most likely give up the ghost very soon. I have a Berghaus Glissade jacket that I can wear if need be in heavy rain until I do get a new jacket in a few months time, I think it will be the ME Zeno jacket, it is only £130.
Hate will never win

mow1701

« Reply #34 on: 19:27:50, 04/01/19 »
Santa bought me a Exped Synmat HL. A little bit more comfort as I could feel myself bottoming out on my thermorest prolite  mat this year while on the Pennine Way. I prefer to think I’m not getting old and it’s lighter to boot.  I hopefully will get the same reliability.

Magic girl

« Reply #35 on: 15:14:09, 08/01/19 »
I got money for Christmas so bought myself a alpkit gamma head torch,a craghoppers waterproof coat for the bargain price of £22,it a mens coat but I don't mind as they tend to be longer in length a couple of enamel coated mugs and a flipbelt for the summer months so I've got easy access to my phone and other bits and bobs.I also go running so it will come in useful for that as i hate the armband I currently use to carry my phone.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 20:52:34, 08/01/19 »
I got money for Christmas so bought myself a alpkit gamma head torch,a craghoppers waterproof coat for the bargain price of £22,it a mens coat but I don't mind as they tend to be longer in length a couple of enamel coated mugs and a flipbelt for the summer months so I've got easy access to my phone and other bits and bobs.I also go running so it will come in useful for that as i hate the armband I currently use to carry my phone.
What is a flip belt?  I have a vision of a my old money belt with the pockets on the inside.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy