Author Topic: PARAMO SECONDS EBAY SHOP  (Read 13965 times)

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
Re: PARAMO SECONDS EBAY SHOP
« Reply #15 on: 18:41:28, 12/03/19 »
Never had any problem with my Paramo jacket (Velez Aventure Light)...if I don't wash and reproof occasionally it will perform badly in rain...but when I then wash and reproof it is effectively waterproof for a long time.

But my experience with Paramo trousers has been substantially different...they seem to need washing and reproofing far more often than the jackets. To some extent think this is because trousers get clogged up with mud far more than jacket (don't use gaiters)..but difference is very marked.

nesty

« Reply #16 on: 21:48:59, 13/03/19 »
I bought a new Helki from the Paramo seconds shop, but I did have an issue of it wetting out on my first adventure, there is a thread on here somewhere.
Anyway, I complained to Paramo they sent me me free re-proofing and it completely solved the issue. I suspect sometimes with these garments they are standing around for a while in the storeroom and the proofing needs to be re-activated?

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 14:39:15, 14/03/19 »
I bought a new Helki from the Paramo seconds shop, but I did have an issue of it wetting out on my first adventure, there is a thread on here somewhere.
Anyway, I complained to Paramo they sent me me free re-proofing and it completely solved the issue. I suspect sometimes with these garments they are standing around for a while in the storeroom and the proofing needs to be re-activated?

I think Nikwax is a fairly crappy DWR replacement compared to the old PFC based stuff. It wears off and get contaminated too easily. Greasy hands, contact with items with traces of detergent etc. And maybe degrading over time as you suggest

If definitely needs more care than Goretex etc

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy