Author Topic: Mosedale parking  (Read 1770 times)

snaderson

Mosedale parking
« on: 08:37:11, 05/07/19 »
Hi all, has anyone parked at the end of the road that runs west from Mosedale (the one near Mungrisdale village, south of Carrock Fell at the "back o' Skidda")? I'm planning a walk there and it would make a convenient start point. I could do without losing the bottom of my car on potholes or rocks though!

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Re: Mosedale parking
« Reply #1 on: 10:02:44, 05/07/19 »
Yes I've been down there, the road is quite rough in parts since it was originally for mine access but you should be able to park at the end of it.  There is an obvious area which marks the end of the road (believe there is a sign talking about the mine works by this large turning circle space) before the beginning of the walkers path.  Some good route around there and Mungrisdale pub is worth a pint on the way back through.

snaderson

« Reply #2 on: 10:39:21, 05/07/19 »
Thanks for the tips. It's not an area I've spent a lot of time in but I thought it might be quieter on a summer weekend. I have been to the pub in Mungrisdale when we went up Blencathra from there. It's a nice place, though a bit of a trek for a beer (Robinson's) that's brewed less than 2 miles from where I live!

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:54:55, 05/07/19 »
I was up that way 3 or 4 weeks ago and there were a few cars and a couple of big campers parked near the end the road.  Plenty of space though.

snaderson

« Reply #4 on: 14:11:19, 08/07/19 »
Went there on Saturday. The road is absolutely fine, just a couple of avoidable potholes in the tarmac. I parked on the rough stuff just past the end of the tarmac. One other car when I arrived (9am), lots and lots when I left (3pm).
It's a beautiful valley full of boulders, gorse, juniper, buttercups, bog asphodel, foxgloves fighting with bracken, and heather already in bloom.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy